need a REAL honest opinion on this filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
Thankyou if you reply she's a 30" yearling l need to have outside opinions seems l only see what l want and am not seeing a clear picture...l really like and enjoy her and see nothing major wrong...help.

wildroseshow048.jpg
filly.jpg

What I like on her:

• very nice color
  • looks to have straight legs
  • attractive head
  • hip looks good
  • good chest (nice width)
What I don't like as much:
  • long in the back
  • legs a little short
  • neck appears to tie in low
  • looks butt high (a stage maybe?)
  • wide set ears

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful filly!
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: She looks like a sweetie
default_wub.png
: Here are my likes & dislikes (temember this is JMO!!)

What She has-

Good color

Pretty head

Straight legs

Good bite

What she could have-

More leval topline (She is a little high in the rump)

Lower set neck (Her head is high)

She is ONLY a foal still & she is growing, So many of these things will change!

Yeah the Yearling Stage is kinda a Funny one

I have a Yearling very nice looking but at times LOOKS so Funny
default_wub.png
:

I REALLY can't wait for his 2 year old year and see what he will end up looking like

Maybe your Filly will Blossom next year like my Paint Horse Filly did she didn't have any wethers as a 2 year old she has them!

Yeah the Yearling Stage is kinda a Funny one

I have a Yearling very nice looking but at times LOOKS so Funny
default_wub.png
:

I REALLY can't wait for his 2 year old year and see what he will end up looking like

Maybe your Filly will Blossom next year like my Paint Horse Filly did she didn't have any wethers as a 2 year old she has them!
I ment my Palomino Filly as a Yearling didn't have wethers now as a 2 year old she has them now ;)

PS a High rump is a Sign of a Young Horse

Well Relic you and I can be "blind" together because I
default_wub.png
: her. There is nothing at this stage of the game (so young) that would have me say anything negative about her. I love her face, her length of neck, her beautiful expression, mice straight legs.... I have seen MUCH more pronounced high rears and I think that it is an age thing and even if it isn't who cares, its not THAT pronounced like so many. You HAVE A WINNER there!

I totally love her. Like many have said...a lot of her "faults" are just growth thingys :bgrin . I haven't met a yearling or two year old that wasn't high behind. If she was perfect at this age I might even be worried...(how did we all look at 8-10?...Myself...not the best LOL).

She looks stunning for her age. Ask again when she's 2 or 3. Better yet, send her over here
default_wink.png
:

Oh, how pretty. For her age she is lovely and I think with age and maturity will become a very nice mare. No blindness on your part. What a pretty girl.

Wow!!!!

I think she is absolutely stunning!!!

I tend to go with horses that take my breath away, and don't bother to pick them apart if they are THAT nice!!

Congrats on her!!!

Susan O.

She has a sweet and kind eye, worth about a million bucks in my barn. :bgrin Looks like she has a big long memory line on her neck which folklore says is a good thing. My best driving guy has one that runs the whole length of his neck.

I agree totally with Jill- I would not change a word except to add she is nice enough- she does nothing to excite me at all- I would not be looking to show her, for example.

I do like her colour and, if she were mine, I would not be in a hurry to sell her as she could make a good broodmare- the fault of a long back is actually a plus in a broodmare!!

I'm sorry but I have been breeding too long to be excited by a nice enough sort
default_rolleyes.gif
:

BUT the world does need good, sound, well temperamented broodmares, no doubt about that.

I agree but just want to add that I think her neck is thick and the throat area looks heavy, though it could be the angle of the pic??

Mares always have longer backs, or should, than the boys. They have to have room to carry a foal in there. Do like her head ok, and the butt high could change. Yearlings go through some disgusting growth stages, LOL

I think she is a gorgeous filly !! Very pretty head and eyes, her body nicely proportioned and her color is very pretty on her, too
default_wub.png
: She's a keeper , for sure
default_yes.gif
: Thanks for sharing.(she reminds me of my silver buckskin pinto mare, Daisy
default_smile.png

Thanks guys l know l can be totally barn blind to some of the horses on the place conformation sometimes isn't always the main issue when personal feelings are involved with an animal though l know seeing things in the correct light is also important. Still think she's a goody faults and all. Dali she has the same sire and is a full sister to my say anything negative about him and l'll hit you guy... :bgrin

I like her a lot. She has nice color, a pretty head, and lovely eyes. Your very lucky to own such a cutie!!

Back