Near diaster at Vinyard Hill Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
default_new_shocked.gif
We were unloading hay last night in the barn and my 10 year old granddaughter was trying to help. Picture 65 pound girl tryng to push 5" round bales arround.
default_no.gif

After all the bales were unloaded I was making sure that they could not be knocked off the pallets we had placed them on when there was a LOUD bang and LOUDER SHREEK.

One of the teen age boys who were helping had lifted the ramp of the trailer and thought he had it pinned in place. Well the pin has a stop on it to allow you to leave it open and the boy did't know that. He thought the ramp was locked in the up posiion and let go of it. Well Katelynn was setting on the end of the trailer and the ramp 40 pounds of angel iron and wire mesh fell on her stricking her on the head and back.

This could have killed her!!!!!!! Thank God, God was looking after her.

1 She was setting far enough back and close enough to it that the ramp had not gathered full momentem (sp)

2 It hit her on the back and shoulder slowing it some before it hit her head.

Well we had a ct scan and 7 staples to the scalp last night. I know how much worse it could have been!!!!

The young man only 14 years old was scared to death. After all he was only trying to be heplfull and do what needed to be done with out being told.

Katelynn had a crush on him
default_wub.png
but is now vowing to "get Him" Young love how quickly it dies when the object of your affection drops a ramp on your head.
default_laugh.png
default_new_shocked.gif

Jan

I am so sorry that Katelynn was hurt. That really sounds painful. Y'all must have been terrified.

I hope she heals up quickly and feels better soon. So glad she wasn't hurt worse. Accidents happen so quickly!

Oh my goodness!
default_new_shocked.gif
Thank God she was OK, and got by with only 7 staples, and nothing worse! She definately had her Guardian Angel watching over her.

OMG we have trailer just like that and I know how heavy those panels are. I am so glad she is OK. I would keep and eye on her for lingering neck pain that must have really hurt. God bless the little sweet heart. What a trooper.

Glad to hear she is ok, she will be fine by nationals and telling everyone "her vesion of the story of how her boy friend dropped a gate on her head".
default_new_shocked.gif
Get well soon Katelyn!!

Shelley<><

What a frightening situation that had to be. The Good Lord was watching over her for sure.

I feel sorry for the young man he is probably still shaking.

Oh my, how terrifying. So glad she is okay - has your heart slowed down yet?

Jan

aw Jan that poor little thing she has got to be so hurting! This could have been so much worse.

Hey, Jan, been looking for you and couldn't find your number. You need to call me asap about a thing!

Jan, glad to hear Katelynn is ok, sore but ok. Poor thing, kind of a bad first love experience.

OMG
default_new_shocked.gif
, so very glad to hear that the my "other" grandkid is alright. Katelyn and my granddaughters always HANG together during the Nationals and where you find one you will find the other 4.

I know it could have been soooo much worse. Will see you next week.

Thanks for every thought that has been seent Katelynns way.

Now for the next stunt. Sunday night she cut her had and required 2 stiches there.

The ER nurse told Katelynn that she was not to come in covered in blood any more.

Jan

Latest posts

Back