NC Artic Blast

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
WOW! From 89*(f) 2 days ago to a whopping high of maybe 40* today - with cold, cold rain (almost 1/2" so far
default_sad.png
). From air conditioning to heaters running.

I-40 is closed for 50 miles over the NC/TN border - they were expecting rain so didn't put down the liquid brine to help clear roads of snow/ice - instead I think it was just reported that they have windchills of 5* and LOTS of snow...

Some of our ponies are distinctly unhappy w/ the change in the weather - though they have lots of hay to shelter around, they have all been moved into different paddocks/pastures in preparation for moving. Since we are packing and moving, we've been removing fence that will go up on a leased property first and then at the new place (O, yea, that's another whole story!!). Several that are used to having the barn to shelter in, aren't happy w/ the sparse trees, LOL. They'll be OK.

Well, will make the ground easier to pull posts up from as long as we don't get a full on freeze before we get them up. Have until November 20th to get the ponies moved...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope it warms up for you soon. Way too cold for us here as well, even though we know that winter is coming.

brrrrrr. Not looking forward to winter. We have high winds and it is cold but nothing like the extreme shifts you just described. wow.

It is very chilly today in VA and blustery with the wind but I love the cooler weather and hope for lots of snow this coming season. I am sure I'm in the minority in that wish!

Cold and very windy here Sat.I am ready for colder weather-all heated buckets are in place &plugged in.Lots of bedding and hay in the barn.Kennels and igloo dog houses have wood barriers up to keep bedding in&cold winds out.Next step is to get my son's (who is sick with cancer)10 yr old Lab into the house.He has been a house dog his entire life until last Jan when he came to live here.don't want him spending another winter in the kennel.I am hoping for very little or no snow.It is very difficult to get to the barn o feed and water when we have to shovel our way down 200 feet to get there.Seriously thinking about a snow blower.I'm not much help with very bad back and bum knee.Senior citizens and winter do not mix well.

Watching the weather and forecasts for the east coast last night-Wow! Not very encouraging! Wish I could fast forward to March or April! Husband hasn't got the tank heater set up yet either and have been busting light ice off lately. Hope it won't be as nasty a winter as last year or as it sounds like it might be. But I guess we will as just have to go day at a time til we make it through, again.
default_thud.gif

Our heated buckets are plugged because of the cooler weather and will be left on until spring. The weekend was nasty with the chilly weather and wind! Today was t-shirt weather and wish it would stay for awhile. Going to get cold again, not liking that one bit.

Latest posts

Back