Natural ways to induce labor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister in law was induced and her son spent 3 weeks in the hospital under lamps and being tube fed. I would just let mother nature take her course.

I should have been clear on the part about being induced. It's not that I would be induced because im tired of being pregnant, I would be induced because I have a medical condition and they dont want me to go over a certain amount of time due to that condition.

Well I cannot say that I have any experience or advice here - But wanted to wish you the best of luck and that the next couple days go smooth for you :)

umm Sex didn't work..........
default_no.gif

I feel for you I was in the same boat. If you do get to the induction stage then don't let the horror stories stress you out, or be too rigid with your birth plan. Just roll with the punches by birth plan went out the window after about 6 hours and by 36 hours I don't think there was anything at all from my birth plan that had gone according to what was on paper. Everyone wants to tell you the worst thing that happened to them when your due with a baby. Don't know why that is but everyone I talked to around the time with my first had something scary or horrific to say. Good luck and I hope the little guy decides to make his way in to the world soon.

i had the same problem with my youngest, i was told by my dr, that Raspberry leaf tea would cause contractions (DO NOT DRINK IT BEFORE 36 weeks of gestation!) it was amazing how quick it worked i drank 3 cups before bed and a 2 cups in the morning and my contractions were 8mins apart! i would suggest trying that!

I'm 39 weeks, 5 days, and just started the red raspberry leaf tea. I'm drinking 1quart of a strong tea infusion daily. Drank a quart lastnight, and nothin lol. I'll contninue to drink it even if it doesent cause contractions, it's said to tone the uterus, making delivery and recovery easier.

I Don't know why that is but everyone I talked to around the time with my first had something scary or horrific to say. Good luck and I hope the little guy decides to make his way in to the world soon.
LOL I tell my friends that all the time and say really do not worry to much or be to scared if it was truly as bad as everyone says then no one would have more then one child short of multiple births
default_yes.gif

I think it is one time that us women have to sort of share our war stories and initiate someone into the motherhood club all at the same time

In all fairness her original posts said nothing about a medical problem
default_smile.png

And the flip side is I had my first baby at 19. No one told me how bad labor hurt. NO ONE. I was in shock. I remember telling my mom in the labor room "why didnt you tell me it would hurt like this!" And she said "I didnt want to scare you" Back then not even the Lamaze classes addressed the pain of labor so I was ill prepared. Good thing my first one was so fast LOL

With my medical condition, it's not something that should affect the baby so much, as its something that affects me and they want to get me back on the medication for it ASAP. I've been off of the medication my entire pregnancy, and it's been a bit rough. The medication I need to take would negatively affect the baby, so theres no chance of taking it while pregnant. I made it through almost my entire pregnancy not taking the meds, and managed to struggle to go without the meds until a few weeks ago, when I had to take my maternity leave a few weeks early. *luckily my husband picked up a second job to make ends meet.

I'm feeling so-so. I get really sore anytime I lay down, and have a really hard time getting up due to the pain in my pelvis. Once im up and walking for a few minutes, Im alright though. Yesterday was my sisters surgery, I went with my mom to it for support for my sister (just made sure we also had my labor bag in the trunk lol). Spent a lot of time walking around Magee Womens Hospital, the place is huge. Everyone thought I needed to sit down, so I had to explain that I needed to walk, maybe it would help speed things up lol. When we got home I sat outside for a few hours and watched the family demolish an old run in shelter that was past its prime, to prepare for a small barn that should be going up in the coming months.

I cant complain too much, other than waddling like a duck, not being able to pull my chair in at the table(and sometimes wearing some of my food lol) and the pains, I feel better than I have in previous weeks. I quit gaining weight on my last 2 doctors visits, and Im still dialated to almost a 2.

Todays my due date, and I dont feel like anythings going to happen today, or anytime soon lol.

Well for what it is worth that is one cute preggo belly !!!

Just an update from our doctors visit today:

Im still dialated to almost a 2, and 80% effaced now. If I don't have the baby by Thursday, I'll be induced Thursday morning at 5am. Crossing our fingers he comes on his own by then, Ive been pretty sick the past few days, and this 97 degree weather isn't helping.

Oh how exciting - just think one way or another you will be a mommy in less then 4 days - You know I realize this sounds stupid but somehow that reality of really being a mom didnt hit me until labor started LOL

I am so excited for you- rest as much as you can now I know it is hard when you feel so uncomfortable cant wait to see pics of your new baby!

Latest posts

Back