natural remedy for lice on horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsminis

Reaction score
Hi, We just purchased a little stallion from a breeder. Brought him home, and when I clipped all of his winter coat off, he has lice. I don't want it to spread to my other horses, but this little guy is so tiny (10 months old, 21 1/2 inches, 85 lbs) that I don't want to use harse chemicals on him. Does anyone know of a good lice treatment that is natural stuff? Has anyone used Skin So Soft by Avon for this? Thanks, Luvsminis

If he is totally clipped, they have no place to live, the lice will die on their own, the sunlight will kill them. I have brought home several that had lice but once I clipped they were fine, never had them spead to my other horses, sounds to simple maybe
default_smile.png

this isnt a natural rememdy but worm him with Ivermectin. It will kill them too...

Thanks for the reply. Since I rotate wormers, I hadn't gotten to that one yet with this little guy. But will do. Luvsminis.

Also wanted to add that whatever you treat him with needs to be redone in 2 weeks to kill off any nits that hatch... Goodluck....

Back