Natural Disasters - PLEASE KNOW YOUR INSURANCE!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
Please talk to your insurance companies and find out what is covered on your home and/or farm policy.

As much as I hate to admit it, we only had house insurance that only covers 10% on out buildings.

Most people I talk to that have been hit by a natural disaster have the same!

Just be aware that your insurance might not completely cover your barns, sheds, and lean to!

If you use barns for horses that are part of your business, the barns most likely won't be covered unless you have a special policy.. Just check... most people, us included, think "it won't happen to us"

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just so sad to see all these people that have lost so much and it's not covered. We helped a guy that had his farm destroyed, lost three out of six horses and his house was insured but every barn on the place and fence destroyed only 10% of house insurance is what he had. He will have extensive vet bills on top of it.

Talked to a lady that had a nice detached garage, a shed, and a shop... all gone, again only 10% of house policy.

I talked to other people, same story.....

very good advice!! I have noticed too over the last 3 to 4 years at renewal we get more and more contract change and exclusion notices..and it use to be flood was included but no more.

Latest posts

Back