Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetOpal

Reaction score
This was an interesting year for me at Nationals, we did not take any of our own horses, we did transport for several close friends. I went to help out my good friend Jim, ok that might be putting it midly....he had much more in store for me than I could have imagined.

Ok the Water'n Hole was great, between clippings I had to make my way, or I should say sneak out of the stall to get me a juice as Annette would call it!!! And of course that trip would take me hours if you ask Jim, but all in all, the horses got clipped and groomed and all did quiet well. Erica and her WHOLE family were GREAT! They are work very hard to pull off all those horses.

The Harrisons were great, I got to show Estralita in a class and she was a doll to show, very nice mare, I can't wait to see what her brother and Saturday look like next year. Congrats on all your placings!

Got to see Ernie, Leanna, and Sheryl several times, from my bars of the tack stall....lol...

But my biggest thrill of the show is that there were 4 Geshan children there, and all were top 10 in their class's. In 2006 I donated 2 breedings to the Trainers Auction at the Convention and one of the resulting foals who belongs to the Strassle's was NATIONAL CHAMPION, the other weanling colt that belongs to THR Minis (Syndi Kanzler) took a 3rd in a VERY large class!!! The yearling Sweet Opals Sorin took Top 10 and a 3 year old Gelding took Top 10 honor as well. I could not be more pleased with his foals!!!

I had a great time, it was a long drive there and back, and I will say the competition once again was unbelieveable (sp?) Some absolutely amazing Horses!

And I have a new addition, I bought a little something from Belinda, however it is not mini, but there were some people giving me some looks thinking I was going to be trying to measure in that little palomino classic.....
default_laugh.png
Most of all I was glad I left Sat morning and missed the storm. Hope everyone had a safe trip home. It was 1450 miles for us and I am somewhat happy to be home, but love being at shows and I am sure I didn't get enough bs'ing in while I was there....Thank goodness Convention is just around the corner!

Yippee!!! I am so glad the Geshan babies did so well! I checked out the Washburn Images site and they all looked great.

I'm jealous I couldn't go...

Andrea

Congrats on your grandbabies wins! Sounds like so much fun to be there, even if it's a "working vacation"
default_wink.png

Yes we were over at Currys stalls several times, Jim is such a nice guy. Congrats on those Geshan baby placings Jen
default_smile.png
. Sheryl also let me out of the grooming stall once in a while too
default_laugh.png

Congratulations on your placings with your Geshan babies!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

You were a grooming wiz last week! I did not see you missing for too very long, everytime we went by you were there behind the bars.
default_smile.png

I think Nationals was fun.
default_laugh.png

I enjoyed talking/visiting with people, being picked on by Belinda
default_unsure.png
, having refreshments at the WaterN Hole. I got to meet lots of new people, Mr. Curry for one, who is super nice and who has some beautiful ponies. Got to meet Jennifer, who is also nice and someone I enjoyed talking with as well. Going out to the Martin's place was a great time. Of course, visiting with Erica and her family, Vicki & Ray, and last but not least Lisa & Mike.

And of course now I own TWO mares that are National Champion producers and two others that are TOP SIX producers.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back