Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Disneyhorse...........

GO and LOOK. I also recommend taking a pad of paper and a pen, plus collect business cards and sales lists!

Long gone are the days where you could easily pick out the top 10 horses in the class. These days there is many beautiful horses getting the gate. So shopping is wonderful with that many beautiful horses of all types winning and to choose from.

Another thing to consider are farm/ranch visits while you're in the area. By visiting in person you can usually see the dam, sire and siblings to give you an idea of how a horse may mature. We are in northeast Texas, about 3 1/2 hours south of Tulsa and welcome visitors. We have a good selection of beautiful 2008 and a couple of yearling colts for sale that would make wonderful show geldings.

Yes, Nationals is a great place to shop.
default_smile.png
You'll see the best, and you will also see some diamonds in the rough there who might not be priced like the horses that are already "made", but have the potential to be great horses. It's the best place to develop an eye for good horses since you have so many nice ones there in one place to compare. Happy shopping, come by and say hello!

Jan

I think you would have a great time just coming to experience nationals if you have never been, watch the show, visit with people and see if you can find something to take home would be an added bonus.

I know I am hauling a load up showing, and also hauling about 7 babies, 4 of which are already sold, 2 still for sale and one NFS. (one of those two, I'm offering as a under show gelding, all siblings are National Champions)

On a different note; I thought about this for a few years.......thought about it after remembering reading in the show program at Worlds how the horses showing that were also in the world show sale would have a colored dot on their show number.

I think it could be neat at Nationals....to have different colored dots; one color means "for sale", another means "sold" (which you could have it as for sale and then overlap the dot with a sold color if it sales), guess if wanted could even have a NFS one.

I just think if someone in the stands could have something visual stating yes that horse is for sale they might be more apt to approach the owners to inquire about it.

Here's my two cents. We often bring with a couple of horses that are being listed for sale by their owners - often at reasonable prices and some with show incentives offered. I can also tell you that every animal listed on my sales page (and I'm sure many others would agree) can be transported at no charge to Nationals to facilitate the purchase.

Latest posts

Back