Nationals.....Youth attire????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'sMinis

Reaction score
Hi....I am a long time read and a first time writer. I must first say how much I love this site, it is very addictive but very helpful, so thank you to all.

I believe we are Nationals bound for the first time. I have 2 boys, ages 12 and 10 that will be showing in halters. (Just one class each) What should they wear??? Normally at shows they wear black dress pants and shoes and nice button down shirts. Should I be looking for suit jackets??? Thanks for you in put

My suggestion! go to GoodWill, you can find everything there, and dress them like a Judge. Khaki pants, dark jackets/black or blue, white or light blue shirts and a clip on tie. if they need to open the jacket that is ok, but make sure they have a belt and small buckle. I like boys that are crisp, clean and professional looking. and dont forget, it is usually around 60 degrees in the arena, at least it feels like it. so put the jackets in a bag till you get to the arena. good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Angela, you want them very dressed. You ALMOST can't over dress for Nationals. Godd luck, and hope your boys have a blast. It is a show they will remember for life.

And if you have time check out the Youth section on AMHR website. They have LOTS of fun stuff for the kids including Jr. Judging and you have to sign up for it at the same time as classes and is a seperate form.

And let them have a FUN class like costume or jumping. They will have a BLAST and meet lots of kids
default_smile.png

My kids LOVE Nationals and have a ball
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

For the evening youth classes my boys (ages 6 and 10) wear tuxedos, and we bought the whole set -- jacket, pants, tux shirt, cumberbund for around $30 -- not the highest quality, but they will outgrow them right away anyway and in the ring they looked nice. I also bought extra shirts and bow ties in different colors. For daytime classes JC Penney and Sears sell complete boys outfits with a vest, dress shirt, matching tie and dress pants and when they are on sale those are around $30 for the whole thing too. JC Penney also has boys suits on sale right now for under $40 and as a matter of fact, I am going there today to buy a suit for my 10 year old. He has informed me he doesn't want to wear the other outfits anymore, he wants to wear a suit jacket and tie. I plan to buy extra shirts and ties in colors to match the horses this year because I am tired of white shirts because they are always stained and filthy before the end of the day. Because when my boys are not in the show ring they are usually on top of the closest dirt pile playing.

Hope that helps.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back