NATIONALS...I love seeing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to see the youth train, show and own their own horses. We are not frowning on parents that send their kids to a handler/tariner.. But I think the kids learn  more if it is done on their own.. of course with help.  Jodi's grandpa says ... "We don't do her home work why would should we do her training and horse keeping..."  "This is a old horseman quote" Grandpas got to love'em...

I agree
yes.gif

I do all my training, showing & teaching, but have not yet been to the Nationals..
no.gif

But Steph on here, trains & show & was there.. I'm sure she was amazing! I must go find out! lol Shes great with her horses! Congrats to all!

I couldn't agree with you more Susanne, being a youth that own, trains, prepares and shows both my horses I love watching other people that put just as much work and dedication into it! Even those that don't have the opportunity to own their horses but work just as hard whether they are with or with out a trainer deserve all the credit they get. I think all the youth did a great job down there and allot of them really worked their butts off to get were they are, and even if they didn't place but had a good performance and were happy with their horse they should be glad.

I ended up coming home with a Top Ten in the Junior Judging 13-17, a 3rd in Youth Halter Mare 13-17, Under out of 29 I think (for those of you in the back paddock area before the class, she was the "wild" one, lol. My sweet little girl left me before and a bit during that class
rolleyes.gif
lol), 9th in Youth Costume out of I believe 21, 8th in Youth Obstacle, Under with my gelding out of 73 and I missed out on the top ten in jumping by a tenth of a second. Despite a few blonde moments on both my horses part and mine, I couldn't be happier with the two of them!!

What FLASHSNEWMOM did not tell you is that her daughter showed a January 2005 filly that went to her first show that day! This was not a push button show horse. Just a quiet small weanling. These two are quite the pair! She takes this filly over obstacles and leads her around the place all the time. If they could afford to buy this mini it would be theirs.

I own the filly she showed and am an amateur myself.

I think what people are getting at is that they like to see kids showing horses they own themselves or are not owned/trained by a professional.

Kids and their horses are such a precious commodity!

jennifer
saludando.gif

P.S. this was an open show

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back