National Show Pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyarab

Reaction score
I have some questions regarding National Show Ponies.

1.) Does anyone currently have National Show Pony classes in shows that you attend?

2.) Is there anyone on this forum that is breeding for them?

3.) Do you think the National Show Ponies will grow in numbers?

I personally like the National Show Ponies because it give the youth and some adults something bigger to ride so I hope to see this division grow in the near future. So give me your thoughts and opinions.

Kim

I was going to ask about this. I have the perfect National Show Pony, but I have a problem. I have an AMHR registered "mini/pony", well he was hardshipped in from AMHA (both parents under 34), but he is 38. I can not get DNA from his mother because she was grandfathered in AMHA before the DNA rule (same as father). I've contacted AMHA to find current owners, (once contacted they do not own animals any more). So I can not get him registered.

They are not allowing hardship but require DNA. Does anyone know what I can do? I don't want to show him as a "mini", but as a pony. Most people who see him thinks he is a shetland anyways.

I called the office and all they said was that since he was registered, but his parents are not AMHR with DNA he could not be registered or shown, only his offspring could show once he is DNA'ed. I can't afford to keep his babies three years to eventually campaign them. Why can't they also accept AMHR fully registered horses to be registered" There has to be an acception, they never required DNA before, so with deceased parents or hardshipped horses or those who went over in B papers. Why not allow them to be able to show?

Any help would be appreciated. I am ready to take him to congress with my shetland, but they don't want him there.

Tina Ferro

I believe Karen Shaw is breeding some Show Ponies. I think once it gets going it will be great. I do think it will take longer to get going simply because its a performance division so you have to wait until they are old enough to do performance. I do think it will grow a lot over the next few years.

Tina your only real alternative is to show him AMHR B division. Nothing wrong with that!

Remember you cannot hardship a horse into ASPC because its a breed registry. I know the show pony division is a little different but with the DNA requirement there is no way around it. sorry!!

There are a few NSPR ponies around. I did not see any at the show this weekend, I was really busy, but I know there was somebody supposedly entered in them.

Latest posts

Back