National Show Pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tina,
In order to be part of the NSPR your already registered AMHR horse has to be DNA's to be part of the program. You will pull hairs on YOUR horse...not his parents. If you breed him to a Shetland mare, or whatever, then the resulting foal has to be DNA, by pulling the hairs on the dam and the foal. Then that foal will obtain NSPR papers. You already have 1/2 of the equation which is a horse already registered with the ASPC/AMHR.

Go to the Registry's website and pull the paperwork for the DNA and complete it.

Hope this helps.

Karen

Karen,

This is from the application.

"2. ELIGIBILITY – The National Show Pony Registry will be open to any pony 14.2 hands and under that can

be verified by DNA that one parent is registered in either ASPC or AMHR. DNA will be required of

qualifying parent and offspring to be registered. DNA Request form available through the

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR/NSPR or from the website (www.shetlandminiature.com) Forms On Line."

That is where I get hung up on registering one pony. Now unless they make a change to allow older AMHR horses to be registered, I'm not going to have this guy in the showring.

Tina

Thanks Tina I'll still check into it for you.

Karen

I didn't realize the NSPR would have riding classes an Adult could participate in. Is this true? Oh, I hope so!!! I am 5' and around 108 lbs. I have never been the most confident rider at times; but have trained and ridden Western and Hunt seat. This past year I trained Saddleseat/EQ. and would LOVE to have a Nat.'l Show Pony to show Saddleseat! We had Shetlands and Minis; but have gone strictly minis at present. (We don't breed ourselves; just buy/train/show halter and performance). I had always wished I could have shown our larger Shetlands under saddle. Tell me more!

Latest posts

Back