National show pony registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendy4mini

Reaction score
I have a mare that I would like to register with the National Show Pony registry. Both of her parents are AMHR registered but she grew to 40 inches. I was reading that one parent must be DNA'd. My first question is how will I find out if either one of her parents are DNA'd. Does it show on the online stud service? Secondly, does the orginial breeder have to sign the application? I think he might have died.

Did your mare ever have AMHR papers? You should just be able to use those to get her registered as a NSPR. As far as I know, AMHR never accepted DNA before, so unless her parents are also AMHA registered, they more than likely were never DNAed.

Your best bet is to call and ask.

thanks. No she wasn't registered with AMHR. When I bought her the gentleman gave me her application but she had already gone over so I didn't send it in.

ThreeC is right - DNA is a whole new ball of wax for AMHR and ASPC. Until now the only horses or ponies that were DNA'd were those that participate in the Sweepstakes auctions and classes (and that isn't a large number in either Minis or Shetlands). For a horse to be registered in the NSPR the ASPC or AMHR parent will need to be DNA'd (in this case one or the other of the horses parents since the horse was AMHR eligible and went over) and the horse being registered will have to be DNA'd. Last time I checked the DNA form was still missing from the AMHR site's forms though.

I also have a mare, 40 inches, both parents AMHR registered, that I'd like to register NSPR! I don't have her AMHR application however I am sure the farm she was born on would help. But ....

how do you get DNA, a blood sample?

Is it a lot of trouble to ask the breeder to go to?

I'd hate to annoy her before I even meet her. I try not to have that affect any sore than absolutely necessary.

Do I also need DNA from my mare?

Is only one parent listed on NSPR? If so then can I/ should I request the sire who is more well known than the dam?

Are there many other people/ horses NSPR associated out there?

Should I eat that other half of a Twix bar or save it in case my son wants it later? (He hasn't shown any interest in it all day)

Why do you drive in a parkway and park in a driveway?

unsure.gif
So many question and no one to tell me what to do? Ah my husband must not be here.

rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

By the way Wendy4mini, I also own a Paso Fino.

Terri Tyler

to dna they have you pull mane hairs with the rootball. its very simple to do. I feel sure both the sire and dam will be listed on the papers. You have to DNA the one that is carryign the AMHR or ASPC papers.

National Show Pony Registry - could someone enlighten me here....

What is it? Is there a web-site out there detailing the info of this

registry? or is there a snailmail addy to contact?

I also have an oversized mini mare... and would love to get

her registered as SOMETHING!

thanks,

smile.gif
J

go to amhr website and it will outline the new nspr www.shetlandminiature.com

Latest posts

Back