National Futurity

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chynagurl8

Reaction score
I was doing my National Futurity nominations yesterday (just 1 mare) I have nominated horses before but never actually shown them in the National Futurity. So I'm curious....what's the range for the payouts for the national futurity?

My gelding placed 3rd in both the Super G and regular Futurity in driving and his wins totaled $700. Pretty much broke even in the Super G I guess. It's just another set of classes for me to have fun in and show... that's the main attraction for me. Those baby Futurity classes are HUGE...

Andrea

My yearling Over stallion took an 8th in futurity and he won $98.94, so he was making money..........

That I think was the lowest payout in that class.

Thanks guys, sorry if that was a somewhat personal question. I don't plan on showing this baby as a weanling, just too young. I'm mainly nominating her (I'm being hopeful) for the driving futurity, Mom's a Rhoten's Little Dandy daughter. Thanks again.

Our good friends won the weanling futurity in 2003 (I think that year dont hold me to that exact year lol) over 50 head and got back like 440.00 dollars. But it doesnt cost alot to nominate so its a good pay off, for a total of 40 bucks. 25 for stallion 5 for the mare and 10 to enter the class.

[SIZE=14pt]I would really encourage everyone who thinksthey have a good futurity prospect to nominate and keep them sustained even if you dont show. Year before last carbon was 3rd in the two year old class, she got 485.00 , Sweet tart and teddy aslo won a couple hundred each so that year I got 850.00 back. last year Carbon placed 4th in roadster under and 5th in halter and she won 625.00 total. Total outlay to earn over a thousand dollars in two years was 50 dollars. I think it is so worth it! Sweet Tart has been in every year since he was a weanling and he is going to be in halter and driving this year. I have made almost what he cost me back.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]Stallions are nominated for 25 dollars and then the mares are nominated for an additional 5. If you show them as weanlings then the class fee is 10 dollars. They dont have to go in any other class and they dont need to pre qualify...... Then their yearling year you pay 10 dollars to sustain it and the two and three year old years 20 each. The nominating forms are both on line and also in the Journal this last issue. They must be in the office by March 1.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back