National Area Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponygirl

Reaction score
Hello
saludando.gif
I was just wondering if all the National Area Shows offer the exact same classes? Example, does Area 6 have to offer the same classes as Area 2? Or, can they offer a lot of the same classes, but not all of them...do they all offer the futurity classes?

Yes Mary,

All 8 Areas have to offer the same classes. These classes are set by the Area National Show Committee. Since our club is hosting the National Area 5 show, The ASPC/AMHR Club of N. Texas, we are currently putting together the class list for the three day show. Our Area show is June 10, 11, 12, 2005 and will start at 8 a.m. all three days. We are expecting well over 300 horses to be in attendance. As soon as we put the finishing touches on the showbill we will be having them printed and mailed out.

Karen Shaw

Show Committee Chair

ASPC/AMHR Club of N. Texas

[SIZE=14pt]I dont think that the area shows have futurities . I think that is only nationals unless a club has futurities that they hold at their area show.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Yes Lyn.

There are Futurities at the Area shows as well at the National shows.

Karen Shaw

Show Committee Chair

[SIZE=14pt]How does one get into the area futurities? Is it the same?[/SIZE]

Lyn

Lyn,

Go to your December 04 Journal, pages 161, 162, 163, 164, your futurity nomination form is in there. One for the Miniatures & One for the Shetlands. You have to nominate your mares & stallions by March 1st of this year. Then the babies out of those that you nominate this year will be in next year's futurity. Amy has written a very good article explaining the futurities. If you had a weanling last year, then you would sustain as a yearing this year, a yearling last year is sustained as a two year old this year and if you had a two year old last year they would be sustained for there 3rd birthday. Once they competed as a three year old they are out of the Futurity program.

Karen Shaw

Show Committee Chair

Thanks, Karen...that's what I needed to know....especially about the Futurity Classes.....I have two colts that will be eligible to show in the Futurity classes and I was hoping there would be Futurity classes at the Area Shows!!!!

[SIZE=14pt]I have already done the national futurity stuff, Horses are sustained and this years are nominated. Does that automatically make them eligible for the regional futurities if they are in the national futurities?[/SIZE]

Lyn

In our Area, Area II we have a futurity for Moderns,Classics and Miniatures the rules are the same as the National Program it's just based in our Area except for the Miniatures and that is an open futurity.

Yes Lyn,

When you register for the National Futurity it entitles you the opportunity to participate at the Area Show in your respective Futurity classes. You don't win as much money as you would on the National level because there usually isn't as many horses in your Futurity class.

Last year our yearling Shetland filly, Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette, won her yearling Futurity class at our National Area 5 show. We only had one other yearling that competed against her in that class, our yearling then went on to Congress and was Reserve Champion in her yearling Futurity class of around 14 yearlings. She will be sustained as a two year old for this year. Next year she will be three years old and will be required to be broke to drive in order to compete

If you have never competed in a Futurity you are in for a real treat. The Futuries are where the breeders can show off their breeding programs. There is something for everyone. I will have three 2004 babies this year that will be competing as yearlings as well as my 2 year old filly.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

website: http://www.fiddlestixponyfarm.com (Jim, Karen & Kelli welcomes you)

Latest posts

Back