NANCY WITT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no..... I hope that surgery goes well for Nancy and she will be able to recover. Does Nancy's husband know of anyone who lives near them who could be hired to take care of the horses while he goes to work? I think that idea of FFA members pitching in is a good idea, maybe he could inquire at the local high school? Things are rather tight financially here but I'd be happy to make a small contribution too. Such a scary situation, my prayers go out to Nancy and her family!

I have passed the idea on to Erika, who will find out about hiring help. She thought it a good lead.

Larry is an over the road truck driver and is gone long stretches of time. Someone would have to do it often. I don't know their set up. But I know that any help they can get would be great!

PRAYERS ARE NEEDED now as she's in surgery yet again today.

Thank you all!

Hey REO just a thought: by sending in people who would be strangers to these little horses needs maybe it would be best that they keep it to hay and clean water troughs. I know what happened around here when I was not well and others did the feeding holy cow...overfeeding was an understatment. FFA 4H all good ideas and also what about the Girl Scouts?

I just heard from Erika! Larry just told her that Nancy came out of her 2nd surgery for restricted veins and came out better than before, so they hope she is now she is on road to recovery!!!!!!!

We are praying that maybe she is more out of danger of having a stroke now.

They still need help so Larry can go back to work. And lots more prayers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad she is making progress.Here's hoping her husband will find a way to keep her animals.As said previously, for many of us our animals are our therapy when our world goes crazy. I'm sending money via payPal to hire some help.Hope others will do the same so she can get on with the recovery process without worrying about her critters.

Thank you Bevann!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Such terrible news! I'm spreading the word here in OKC and wishing I was closer or had room for some of her horses. Sending up prayers for Nancy and Larry.

I have found someone very nearby (a couple of someones, actually) who are miniature horse people who can go by at least once a day and put out hay and water at the very least. Please contact me at [email protected] and I'll give you a name and phone number.

Pat Elder

Thank you Pat!!!!!! I have given her phone number to Erika and she will tell Larry!

I know how much this will mean to Nancy to know her kids are being taken care of and to Larry to take the pressure off him.

I'm SO glad that I have tears in my eyes!!! Thank you, Thank Jennifer and Thank God!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not today. Erika gave me Larry's number and I left a message on it with Jennifer's number on it.

If Larry calls I'll ask him how Nancy is. Erika has been in TX and working. I know if she hears anything from Nancy's daughter or Larry she'll tell me and I'll post it here.

Depending on her insurance my thought is she may be able to get in home care for short term to help her. She is probably looking at 2-3 mths recovery time to regain strength and I know my minis were a huge help in my heart recovery. Maybe even high school or jr high kids? What about the mini club there in Ok.? Do they have kids in the club that may help? How many does she have? Are anymore due to foal? Sorry asking to many ? but I know they are her heart.

I emailed ALL the OK club members last week. Jules and I have not heard back from anyone from that list, as yet.

Did get offers of help from Rita, (I emailed her) Lynda (forum) and Pat found Jennifer
default_smile.png

Times are hard for many people and OK has been so hard hit by the drought. We're all trying.
default_yes.gif

I don't know if she had any more mares to foal still. I'm not sure how many horses and donkeys she has (20?)

I'm hoping that Larry got my phone message and that he'll call Jennifer and her offer to go help feed.

All of her friends here in OK have been doing all we can to try to find tham some help. Thank all of YOU for the ideas and prayers!

You're the BEST!
default_worshippy.gif

As of this afternoon around 5, Larry hasn't contacted Jennifer so maybe he didn't get your phone message. She is still ready and willing to help feed the animals.

I can't help it
default_sad.png

I said who I was and why I was calling, gave her name and number.

Makes me extra worried! I hope Nancy is ok!

Not sure how "home care" works in the US, but here in Canada, it provides only for the care of the person covered, and does not even include feeding a pet or letting it out for a potty break etc.

Hi REO I've been following this thread. I think a lot of Nancy and hope she will rally soon. I just have to ask since Nancy's husband has not responded to these generous offers, has Nancy's family requested help for the horses at all?

Thank you Suzie for your help!
default_wub.png
I will send it to Nancy & Larry!

I just heard that Larry is driving home each day to feed, sleep and goes back to the hospital in OKC each day.

That today Nancy is awake and has her eyes open.

That's all the news I have right now. I share it here as soon as I get it.

Latest posts

Back