NANCY WITT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
Our good friend Nancy Witt had to be Med-flighted to OKC with a brain and neck aneurisms a few days ago. We've been worried sick!

Our news comes through from Nancy's daughter.

The next day Mindy reported that Nancy was out of surgery and in recovery and that the surgery went well. Nancy will be in ICU for 7-10 days and then another 2-3 weeks after that. They are taking it one day at a time. They are watching her carefully, as she is in danger of a stroke and has developed pneumonia. They say only time will tell what damages she's had.

There was no new news yesterday, but today I was told by our friend Erika that Nancy knew her daughter and husband Larry.

HELP IS NEEDED!!!!!!!!! We call upon everyone here!

Nancy's husband Larry is an OTR truck driver. All of Nancy's minis and mini donkeys need a place to go! Is there anyone in OK (the nearer to Ada and Strattford the better) who can take some of Nancy's minis to keep them while they figure out what to do with them all?

These minis & mini donks need a place to go! If you, or anyone you know can help, please contact either me or Jules.

R[email protected] or [email protected]

PRAYERS WELCOME!!!!!!

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

Last edited by a moderator:
o my gosh If I was closer I would help out.I will have Nancy and family in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Thank you robin for posting. I dont get on the forum much

But if anyone can even just feed them til further notice so that

Larry can go bk to work any help will be greatly appreciated.

He said this morning its one day at a time but hes sure she wont be able to

To care for all of them. Im not sure if they are goin to sell or just give to good homes

as that wasnt discussed.i just told him id make a few calls and see what i can get done.

Our prayers go out for her and her family..I am currently in the neuro ICU with my youngest son, Sam. www.caringbridge.org/visit/samandersen He has had a follow up surgery to replace a piece of skull removed after an accident in 2006..and has had some bleeding under the implant. Seems there are always complications, and they cause as much or more trouble than the original injury/illness.

This is a very confusing, and heartbreaking time for her family..they are going to be quickly exhausted and overwhelmed. They really do need all the help they can get with things at home. I am in NC..I wish I was in a position to help..I have the room and resources, but not the transportation, and now isn't the time really. But if really needed, please let us know..

Wish we lived closer.......but will send prayers and pass this on......

I did post this to facebook and I also sent it to all the OK mini club members. I also emailed others in OK that might not be on that list.

Right now they need cared for until they can get through this and figure out what to do. Those horses are Nancy's KIDS.

I will keep Nancy and her family in my prayers, that's always been a nightmare for me, what would happen to the minis if something happened to me. If only I wasn't so far away (I am in Canada and over 24 hours from Ok.

There is an AMHR show at Ada this weekend. Maybe try and contact someone thats over there and they can announce it and maybe someone will have room in the trailer.

I wish I could help but I am at my limit here. If I hear of anyone that can help I will send them that way. I will also say prayers for Nancy and her family also. Been down that road too and it will take awhile for her to recover.

OMG! I hope someone can help out with her animals and hope that she recovers fully! I just met Nancy last year and she was super nice, such a sad thing to happen! Our thoughts go out to her and her family!

Oh my gosh I cannot believe this happened to Nancy. I feel so bad!

Is there anyway they could stay at their home and be taken care of there like on a rotating schedule among her friends? REO can you find out if they are in need of hay or feed? I"m so hoping for a speedy recovery for Nancy.

I can ask. I let everyone that I have email addys for know and facebook and here. We are far from her place. I hope we can find people who can take some here and there to take care of until they know more about how Nancy will be soon and what she wants to do.

I know that any help of any kind would be welcome!!

Many, many prayers being sent for Nancy and her family. What a scary time. I hope and pray that she recovers from this and can get home to her babies. I live in Michigan or I would certainly offer to help. Please give our love to Nancy and her family and tell them we are praying for them.

I am too far away to go in person.What about contacting the local school to see if some FFA members or anyone could feed and check on animals.Even someone to be paid for some part time care.If someone is found I would be willing to donate money to help pay a temporary caretaker.I am sure forum mebers would step up with monetary donations also.This is a GREAT GROUP of very caring individuals.Let me know and where to send a donation if it comes together.

My sister had this happen to her over 20 years ago. She has permanent vision loss on one side, but over time was able to compensate very well. After the episode, however, she has not been able to quilt or do many creative things, as she had been used to do. It was as though that part of her brain was affected. It was about 3 months before she was able to take care of her horses again, so if all goes well for Nancy, this is a possible time line for those caring for her horses. And it will depend on what area of the brain was affected.

I hope Nancy's husband will not sell the horses immediately. My sister's husband sold her young filly at the time of the episode and she was very missed. (They actually located her about 15 years later and bought her back.) The care of the horses was a big part of my sister's recovery; spending time in the barn, and their needs helped motivate her to get well more quickly.

She is riding and driving to this day.

I'm hoping that if HELP can be found for the horses that he won't decide to just sell them off so quickly. He HAS to get back to work and then there'd be no one to feed and take care of the horses etc.

Bevann what a great idea!!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to send funds to help them hire someone, send paypal to me and I'll send it to them. (every cent!)

Send to [email protected] and send it under the PERSONAL TAB, GIFT because they won't take any fees out and Nancy will get all of what you send that way!

THANK YOU all for the prayers for Nancy! I love her to death!

Just heard! Blood vessel constricting not allowing blood flow high risk of stroke. In surgery now

Latest posts

Back