Name Suggestions Please --

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Mare

Reaction score
Well, I have something in the making, nothing set in stone yet, but it's kind of a tradition of mine that the horse has to have a name before it steps hoof on my property.

I need name suggestions for a solid bay gelding .... Not a Miniature Horse. I like 'cute' people type names such as -- Gage, Sammy, Jesse, etc., but I also like western and Native American names along with names from Mythology. It needs to be a simple name (1 word), that can be used as a call name.

So..... Suggest away!
biggrin.gif

Ok....I'll throw a few out your way...

Kit, Carson, Body, Wyatt, Yuma, Laramie, Bowie, Custer, Cochise, Amaretto, Tonka, Apache, Kadoka, Roscoe

Horse sounds nice.....you'll have to share later on!!

Edited for spelling!!
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband named his bay AQHA mare "Pepsi".

I really can't think of anything, I usually name after I have a feel for their personality, although that doesn't always work out. I named my AQHA 2 year old gelding within hours of being born, Rebel, and he was for about a month, but now he's my pocket pet and loves to loved on.
rolleyes.gif

Waylon

Willie

Kid Ferraday

Adonis (Don)

Kosmo

Dakota

Can't wait to hear more!

Baylee

Toby

Brady

Kenny

Taylor

Owen

Grif

Kyle

Tiger

Just some suggestions.

I like greek mythology.

Odysseus

Zeus

Polymetheus

Telemachus (Tel - em - a - kus)

How about pictures and something about the horse to make it more meaningful?

Tommy

[SIZE=14pt]Tecumsah, Cochise, Chief Joseph- Joey,[/SIZE]

Kokopelli (the flute playing indian symbol) Larry! ( I have no idea where THAT came from!)

Lyn

saludando.gif

western - cowboy

texas

rojo [red]

rio

mythology- thor

odin

or you could go for country western stars

kenny

garth

tim

alan

or use their last names

chesney

brooks

mcgraw

jackson

wub.gif
Linda B

[SIZE=14pt]Iv always liked the name Taz!!Dont know why!!Just short and simple!!Keep us updated![/SIZE]

Thanks for the suggestions you all! Keep them coming!!!!

Well, I'd love to post a picture, but I don't want to until it's for sure.... I'm going to look this Thursday and from what I know, I think he's going to work out good..... Supposed to be very sweet, kind, affectionate.....

Name him Loki the Trixter. Could be a lot of fun and excitement. Or Hern the grand old man of Celtic mythos. A good kind gentle choice. Or maybe the deity of his birth month .

woody , Traveler

Gambler , Capone

buckshot , Winston

Dealer , Bogart

Razor , Grant

Falcon,

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back