name for my foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crisco41

Reaction score
My foal is a few weeks old now and I have been calling

her Onyx. She is a solid black..with the possibility to become a blue roan.

Her grandpas is Martin boozing after dark, her dad is villas after the storm, her mom is villas NT perfect jewel.....night train in that background ..anyone with some ideas to pull it all together for a name. It seems to me with her background she is deserving of something with a lil class. maybe boozing with a lil class? i dont know i have 3 pages of names but just cant pull it together

How about..............After the Dark Storm the Perfect Jewel Onyx
default_yes.gif

Oh and you can still call her Onyx!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect Storm

Stormy onyx jewel

Classy onyx

Classic jewel

The Storm's Perfect Jewel -- 25 letters, so still some room for a farm name.

oh thank you.. I like them all, but a few I really like. Is it unusual to have a "show" name and a call name totally different?

If you think of anymore please postt hem. Thanks for playing: name this foal
default_yes.gif

The registered name and the barn name don't have to relate to each other. I've had plenty of horses who did relate, and some that had nothing to do with each other.

But I do like my current horse's name... He's registered as "Aftershock" but I call him "Quake."

I don't have a name for you - still working on some of ours... O wait --- farm name Ever After Onyx or farm name Onyx Ever After

I usually try to keep barn names related or similar or part of the registered name simply so that our non-horsey family can match them up later if necessary!

I think the only one who has a name that isn't related to his registered name is "Iggy" - All That Style N Class. I purchased him with it, I didn't name him. We kept his name as that was what he was previously known as (and he'd been shown and had "followers") and what I'd known him as for several years before he became ours. We changed the barn name of one of our mares - and have had several people who commented on her knowing her by her previous barn name (I didn't know that an "old broodmare" was so popular, LOL).

Our youngest daughter helped me feed last night and she commented that I need to redo all their collars with their names as we have too many that are the same shade of "tan" with white manes! Most will shed out slightly different shades of silver dapple and white pintos.

Did you ever select a name for your foal? How is he doing?

Latest posts

Back