NaKar Auction?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palsminihorses

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone purchased a new horse from the NaKar auction? I actually bid on a mare, but I didn't get her. Please share your news.

Pam

I also bid on a mare, didnt get her. I thought No Reserve meant all bids are good
default_frusty.gif
. Oh well didnt need her anyway
default_whistling.gif

Karen is easy to work with I have purchased several mares from her over the last couple of years. I would contact her if you have any concerns.

Seems to me the starting bid listed is the reserve price. I don't know why it states reserve: no. But for your info, the starting bid price is the reserve price. Maybe someone could ask Heather from Mare stare or the owner of the horse being bid on, and they can refer you to whoever is running the auction. If you are trully interested in the horses you bid on, contact the owner, maybe you could make a deal!

Hello Pam and fellow Lil Forum members - To answer your question, I did not let any of the horses go at the bid amounts submitted. As I explained to several people that contacted me about as to whether or not I had reserves, I did not have any set reserves on the horses. What I would be willing to let a horse go for depended on the number of horses that got bid on and the amount of the bids submitted. Another words, the more horses that got bid on and what the bid amounts were would determine if I would accept the final bid amount. That is why I stated that people read and understand the Terms & Conditions of the Sale. It was plainly stated that there was no set reserves, but buyer reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids.

In my opinion, I didn't feel the bids were where they should have been for the quality horses that were being offered. I know people will have their own opinions on that. Granted, I wish the weather would have cooperated so that I could have gotten better pictures of some of the horses, but that didn't work out.

I did sell several by people that contacted me after the sale. Hope this answers your questions.

Karin

I did get contacted after the sale and have sold several after the auction was over.

Hi Karin,

I knew the bids were really low for the quality of horses you had. And I'm certainly not upset that I didn't get the mare for that fact. And hubby didn't really think that I needed another mare! LOL If we lived closer, I would certainly have contacted you.
default_yes.gif
Congratulations to those who purchased from you!

Pam

I wish i needed another horse... Otherwise I would have been all over a couple of very pretty mares!

I had bidded on a mare and didn't get her. THough I really liked her, I just couldn't afford to do a higher bid at the time as I had just bought a bunch of feed and till I went on my next haul I didn't have alot to spend and as had to pay within short time, I didn't have ability to make more by time payment due. I would have loved to have her but as my bid was on low side, it didn't surprise me much that mine wasn't accepted even though it was only bid on the mare.

I bid on mare as well. I understand where you are coming from about the low bid prices. I would have love the mare I bid on,but I Do understand what yuo are saying. Did you sell the one I bid on?
default_smile.png

thanks Melissa

While I fully understand where Karin is coming from, I'm not sure if it was really legal to not sell when no reserve was listed. I've been to a lot of auctions, live and on line, and a good friend is an auctioneer. There are very specific laws regarding auctions, which vary from state to state, and she might want to review those to make sure she is full compliance. I know you can sell an item if it doesn't meet the reserve, but not sure if you can NOT sell an item if there is no reserve listed with that item, or if it states there is "No Reserve."

In the Terms and Conditions of that sale Karin clearly stated while there were no set reserves, "the seller reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids". I'm sure everyone who bid and even those who did not bid read the Terms and Conditions of the Sale.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just curious why someone would have an aution if they aren't willing to part with any of the horses for the bids offered? Why wouldn't there be a "prices start at $...."?

Seems to me that it would be easier for the seller and bidders if the seller just put the horses on a salespage with an "open to offers" or an actual sales price of what they thought the horse was worth. It's not really an auction if the owner can refuse all sells at their leisure and all bidders walk away with nothing.

In the Terms and Conditions of that sale Karin clearly stated while there were no set reserves, "the buyer reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids". I'm sure everyone who bid and even those who did not bid read the Terms and Conditions of the Sale.
default_yes.gif
I do see this condition on line auctions, but for me,

I just started my bid at where I would

let him go,

$800.00 and no reserve on the Coast to Coast on line Auction

Our Gelding is Sold.

We might have to watch how these on line auctions go, we do not want to ruin them

and have no bidders, because of different reasons.

Especially with the economy.

I think it is great to have another avenue where we can sell our miniature horses.

Karin you have a gorgeous herd, so I can understand not letting them go for a song. I did refer someone off FB to you this week as she was looking for something along the lines of what you produce.

As a Seller I believe the right to say no to an offer or bid should be advisable. What if someone was buying your horse that you know would be a horrific home?

Latest posts

Back