Nail test on mares!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well whether it proves correct or not - it might be a filly - at least it looks as though Beyonce is hiding something in there! Congratulations!!

As long as she has a foal lol. All this excitement and then nothing! i couldn't take it.

Ok, I will play for the 2015 babies this was my results.

Fillies for Nutmeg, Kitty and Duchess

Colts for Delite and Stardust

When held over the coming three year old I knew was never bred, it didn't move.

The five mares were all bred to the fewspot stallion I had, so it will be a colorful year, regardless. I'm just hoping healthy and on the ground but it will be fun to see if any come out right.

Nail says

Cindy: Filly

Luna: Colt

Last year with star all ways to tell foals gender said filly and it was colt. Let´s see how it goes this year.

Good luck - now we just have to remember to check back here once we see the 'results' on the ground!

Can you test for colour too lol? I have two possible colour combos and if I get a black colt when I could get a tobiano colt...I may cry just a little.

Well you all reminded me to do nail test

2 mares bred to our stallion Buzz-(Palomino)

Lotus-(Palomino pinto)- colt on nail test

Coco-(Bay) - filly on nail test

Spice (Perlino) was also bred to Buzz - but she has been sold and is now residing in a wonderful loving home in MO

I'm looking forward to your babies this year, Lori. Can't wait! Buzz has produced some beauties, so look forward to seeing more of them!

Can you test for colour too lol? I have two possible colour combos and if I get a black colt when I could get a tobiano colt...I may cry just a little.
So what color is momma and the daddy? Let's see what we can predict!

I finally remembered to take my nail/string out last night! It looks like we will have 6 mares foaling at our place (4 of our own, and 2 client mares). I used the nail/string on my 4 mares.

Chloe - filly

Teaka - colt

Bequest - filly

Polly - filly

I will update with the client mares once I get a chance to try it out. Last year I had 4 mares due that I did this on and it was correct on 3 out of the 4. I hope what it says this year is mostly correct too
default_smile.png

Tracy

Latest posts

Back