N Bar H Riding Club Mini Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maestoso

Reaction score
Fun laid-back local(non-rated) show. Good for first timers, green horses, or anyone who wants to spend a relaxing day showing their horses with good people. We have a ton of classes; Showmanship, halter, trail, hunter, jumping, liberty, driving, costume, and more! www.nbarh.org Lorraine Mavrogeorge will be judging. Only $7 a class! Go to our website or email me at [email protected] with any questions.

Anyone here planning on attending?

We had the option of doing a show up here or trucking to NH for NBarH. We have opted to attend NBarH for the first time. I have 5 horses coming. We've never done NBarH before and are looking forward to having a relaxing day with the show horses! My Aunt also has 2 coming. We have 1 driving horse coming, 4 halter horses, 3 doing liberty(different handlers each horse), 3 jumping(well, 2 I know jump....1 it depends on her mood
default_rolleyes.gif
), and I put all of mine is some sort of fun class.

Looking forward to it!!

Jen

I'm going with 3 minis! I'm looking forward to trying out the N Bar H show for the first time!

Makayla

Hi Linda. Thats what I have heard, so we figured we'd give it a try
default_biggrin.png
Always fun to show with new people and meet new Mini people
default_smile.png

Jen

I can't wait to meet you all! It's going to be a great show!
Same here! I'm really excited, first of the year for me, first show ever for one of my girls. I'm doing hunter & jumper with Kassie and liberty & jumping with Covergirl (hopefully she'll jump).

I'm going with my camera! I only live 10 miles away. My fat or pregnant mare will stay home! I'm praying for perfect weather!!!!!

Joyce
I'll definitely have my camera with me too!
default_wink.png
Since I'm only showing Kassie, a friend's showing Covergirl, I'll have the whole morning to take photos and most of the afternoon!
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png
Beautiful horses to photograph, ahhhh, it's going to be a WONDERFUL day!

What a Looooooonnnggggggg day. But so worth it, a ton of fun! I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to seeing you all again at our shows, and it looks like I will be seeing some of you next weekend at Cumberland.

We had a ton of fun today. This was the first NBarH show we attended and had alot of fun. The Maple E AMHR show(2007 & 2008) and our first NBarH show today have been the most organized, well run shows we've been too in quite some time and the people there were beyond helpful and nice! We had a great day, got some good ribbons and really enjoyed meeting some new Mini people.

We had a great time and I am already looking forward to July's show. Our horses were busy all day and are looking forward to a good nights sleep
default_smile.png

THANKS for such a fun day!

Jen

Matt,

I want to thank you and everyone else at NBARH for putting on such a great show. I couldn't believe how hard YOU worked at getting everything set up, helping with announcing, playing liberty music, setting up obstacles, helping to mentor the small children and showing in just about every class yourself. It was like watching a Matt Drown marathon! I bet you are going to sleep well tonight!

We had a great time. I could not believe how friendly everyone was. We went there knowing nobody and all these people were coming up to us to say hi, congratulating us and offering to help which we greatly appreciated. It was so nice.

I really liked the judge. She was extremely fair and I think everyone's ribbons were well deserved. Then there were the horses.... Oh my, they were awesome! I couldn't believe how nice they were. And the classes were huge. Liberty alone had 20 horses.

Makayla drove in the driving class. The class was packed. It was only her 2nd time driving at a show and I just held my breath as she weaved in and out. I was shocked when she got 2nd place with Cami.

It was a long day, but a good one. We are looking forward to seeing you all again in July & August.

Thank you!

Sue

Thanks Sue! I wish I could sleep well, but it's about 7:15 Sunday morning and I'll be leaving for another show in a few minutes, but this time around I don't have to help run it and we only have 2 horses with us, looking forward to a relaxed day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Matt and NbarH for a great day. It was my first show, other than a 4H show I did last year and it was so much fun. Everyone was extremely helpful, from the very first minute we got there and we needed help backing up the trailer. I am so proud of my girls, I didn't expect them to place much at all, but they both shocked me! We made a few new friends during the day too, and we'll hopefully be seeing them again. See you guys in August!

Rebecca

Edited to add: It was really neat to see some of the forum family and their gorgeous horses in person!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I took some pictures at the show (156), but I MAJOR need a ZOOOOM LENS!! Hopefully I can get one before the next show! If anyone would like the link, let me know with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Congratulations to everyone, I enjoyed myself so much! I had to leave at the lunch break as I have a very fragile elderly dog at home and didn't want to leave her all day.

I have finally learned what LIBERTY is!! It's awesome!!!!!!! I have never shown a mini, I come from the world of saddleseat showing with my Morgan horse. I have so much to learn with the minis! But I learned so much yesterday. The Judge said she saw better quality horses there than at alot of the rated shows! How impressive is that!!!!! Now I know who Matt is! Such an impressive forum member we have here. A true professional and incredibly helpful person to everyone to say the least!!!

Again my congrats to everyone at NbarH on Saturday!!!!!

Joyce

[email protected]

Matt-

It was a great show from start to finish! Well organized and so friendly! We had a blast. It was great to see some old friends and to meet so many new ones!! We will see you in July!!

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I am glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the show! We have a handful of people who work really hard to help keep things running smoothly. Our series has come a long way in the past ten years, since I started showing there. We have gone from the fat, fuzzy, short-legged pasture rats to a group of really nice nice horses, and exhibitors too. It really is the perfect place for everyone. Laid back and welcoming enough for newbies, but enough nice horses to get some good competition too. I can't wait to see you all again at the next show.

Latest posts

Back