My yearling filly, Colors

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Finally got my yearling filly clipped off yesterday. Her registered name is Sundance LB Tru Colors, and she IS colorful!!! She is a 3/4 sister to my stallion Esprit. I just love this bloodline, what amazing little horses I have from this line. And they are so personable, to boot. Her first show is going to be Oregon Gold at the end of April.

Here is what she looked like before her clip:

032908before.jpg

And after:

032908after3.jpg

032908after2.jpg

032908after1.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!
default_wub.png

WOW it's amazing how different they look when they are clipped
default_aktion033.gif
She is very pretty
default_yes.gif

She is very definitely "pink" right now! Maybe she will get white this summer on her body, or at least more so. She is one I will not be able to use less than a 15 blade on, that is for sure. I kind of loved her fluf-o-matic look, myself. :D

What a doll, I really love her colour! Is she a strawberry roan?
I was going to ask the same thing? I have 2 full sisters here that are that color I think they have sabino in them because they were born dark red it was gorgeous now their 'pink' :DOH!

Thanks for sharing she's really pretty good luck on your show
default_yes.gif

Finally home where I can see the pictures, and oh my, she is definitely pink! I'm more than a bit startled as when I saw her this winter she looked like an ordinary chestnut and I had no idea she was a roan at all. Is Gaia a roan too??
default_wacko.png
They looked just exactly alike in their full fuzzies with no sign of all that cute white hair in the "before" picture.
default_unsure.png
I knew Esprit was roan and could spot it in his winter coat, how did I miss her?
default_new_shocked.gif

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
She's definitely pretty in pink!

I have a filly who looks just like the before picture ... makes me want to clip her!!

I love her, so pretty. I have a yearling who was born red dun, the registry sent back her papers as chestnut, lol I tried to show them she had a BLACK dorsal. By weaning she was already roaning out (her dam is roan) and this spring her undercoat is nearly white the lower legs and head ore a dark gold and her mane and tail are black and red mixed with a very flaxen colour. I can hardly wait for things to warm enough to clip off those woolies and see what she is becoming. Hopefully the registry won't give me a hard time about changing her colour when she goes permanent.

Love the transformation, and I agree the Sundance LB horses are fabulous. She is a beautiful filly!

Thanks everyone! I was traveling to SUNNY ORLANDO yesterday, and here I am now on the east coast! What a difference from the surprise snow storms we were having from home. Ahhh, I am enjoying it fully!

Gaia is definitely a solid chestnut with flaxen mane and tail, Leia. But Colors is a fooler...over the past year she did go solid chestnut, however if you rubbed her hair backwards you could see the white undercoat. She shed her outer coat first, leaving behind that gorgeous white body! I think that is my very favorite phase. Then when I clipped her, she went to the strawberry roan that she really is. She is clipped with a 10 blade, I will probably use a 15 before Oregon Gold. I think it will take a little while for her full color to come in, that is why I opted to do a "pre-clip" before the show. I can't wait for her full color to come in.

Esprit definitely does go through changes also. Here are a few:

How he looked the day I bought him

baby1.jpg

In a late season fuzzy stage

beforeclip.jpg

Clipped out, early in the season

OG2007-conformation.jpg

Clipped out, mid-summer

liz1.jpg

liz2.jpg

Of my eight minis, four are roans: Esprit (bay roan), Ally (silver bay roan pinto), Stepper (silver bay roan), and Colors (strawberry roan). I love my roans!
default_wub.png

Beautiful filly. I just love how they change colors so fast! Joyce

Latest posts

Back