My whole life as changed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
Last May the town where my husband is in the nursing home opened an antique shop. I stopped one day and made arrangements to sell on consignment. Well I have almost 1000 items in there now and Jen and I have great rapport going. We both just really, really enjoy each other. She is only 32 to my 67 but we get along so well. I work with her and help her whenever she needs me. I have my sewing machines over there and she gave me a small room as a sewing room. I make purses, make-up bags, grocery store bags, evening bags, etc. Now I am making Christmas ornaments on my embroidery machine. It is fun. I have the sewing skills and she has the marketing skills so we are a great team. She has her own registered label, is an artist, designs her own t-shirts, is a make up artist, among many other things. I've never met anyone quite like her. She is just awesome.

Well as a result of all this I lost 25 pounds so far, just by keeping busy instead of sitting in front of my computer all day.
default_no.gif
Although I did check in with you guys every day.
default_smile.png

Then last month I moved to Pepin, Wisconsin. Found a nice 1 bedroom apartment in the low income apartment complex on the very edge of town. I just love it so far. For the first time in 48 years I can cook what I want, eat when I want and only have myself and Daisy to think about for the most hours of the day. I am only 1/2 mile from work and 1 mile from the nursing home. 5 blocks from the lake and the beach right on Lake Pepin, A 3 mile wide, 27 mile long spot in the Mississippi River. So we walk a lot. My son and I have been together for 6 years but he found a old farm house in the country to rent (his dream) and we are going our separate ways. I wonder if I'll have empty nest syndrome? Well if I do I'll deal with it WHEN it happens.
default_laugh.png

Well that's the way my life is shaping up. Thanks for letting me share.
default_wub.png

Good for you! Sounds like you have made some big changes but some good ones. Having a job you like and keeping busy helps a lot. Though I could be busier to lose some weight LOL

Bonnie...that is wonderful!!!
default_biggrin.png
I'm so glad you posted on my easy recipe thread, as just yesterday you came into my mind and I had thought that we had not heard about you for a while. I'm so glad things are going well.....and Daisy too. And how often in your life can you find that "new" old farm house that's a dream come true? Empty nest or not, I'm sure you will be able to hang out over at your son's place and be tickled pink. Sounds like life for you has settled right in. That's just wonderful.

default_wub.png
I am so happy for you!Sounds like you are being rewarded for all the heart break you have endured in your life.

Have fun and just enjoy!!!

Hugs

Bonnie

Bonnie

Gosh, I've been wondering about you and where you were. I'm so glad everything is working out for you, and you are so happy. Glad you lost weight too, and wish I could! Don't forget to check in with us more often!

Carolyn

Bonnie it's GREAT to hear from you again. And to have such positive things to tell us too.... Sounds like things are going well for you and, like the old saying goes, you're exactly where you're meant to be at this time in your life. Please keep in touch a little more often and let us know how things continue to look up for you.

GOOD FOR YOU !!
default_aktion033.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
It takes a lot to makes changes and this one sounds just what you needed. Take care
default_wub.png

Thanks for all your caring responses.

default_laugh.png
Things weren't so good a while ago. On September 3rd I had a flat tire. On September 4th I had a flat tire. On September 5th I put 3 new tires on my car (one of the flats was a new tire but I drove too long and ruined it
default_no.gif
) September 6th went pretty well and on September 7th I hit a deer and totaled my car.
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
This was all when we were moving. What a week. A week later my granddaughter, Nikia, was hit in Winona and her car was totaled. She worked all summer and saved to buy it. A beautiful red 95 Grand Am. Was really a sharp car. Just so thankful nobody was hurt. So after that week I need some good luck. At least we can now laugh about all our bad luck.

Latest posts

Back