My Website

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdmini

Reaction score
I just read that one of the worst things that a website can do is white text on black background. They call it "cold and condescending" and doesn't encourage repeat viewers. Well guess what? My website is black background with white text.

I love my website. It took me two years to figure out a format that works for everything we have but if it's a deterrent I would rather change it out.

Let me know, good or bad.

Thanks

http://www.sosranch.net/

I wouldn't change anything drastically....I really like your web site.
default_aktion033.gif

The only thought I had was instead of black behind the text blocks, what about using a chocolate brown? That would give it a warmer feel and tie into the header and sidebars more, but then again, I didn't have a problem with the black at all!

It's a bit hard to read with the black background.

Also, it's "Shepherd," not "Sheppard."

Also, it's "Shepherd," not "Sheppard."
Thanks, I'm a horrible spell and grammer checker. Basically if the little red line doesn't show up under the word I never look at it again.
default_biggrin.png

I like your web site. I really like your "Flippen" mare! Shes purdy!

I think your website looks great. I would leave it the way it is. It has alot of other things on it that breaks up the black.
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks, I was hoping I didn't have to get rid of the background. With the wood type header and black and white photo I thought the black "worked".

I did change the text color though, just a bit. I changed them to more of a tan color. I think it may be just a hair easier to read.

On another note I was going through old photos and found a bunc that I just love and had to put on the site.

brothers.jpg

This one is of my Dad, Uncle Robert, Raymond & Lyndon, in that order.

SOS_Quarterhorse_Home.htm_txt_goingtoschool.gif

This one is on the QH page and is my dad headed to school.

Another one I don't have up on the site yet is of my dad Square Dance Team, they did it on horse back!

Thanks for the input!

Hey Marlee. My eyes are terrible and the black background to me is easy on the eyes. I like the black. Easy for me to see. But not with the white text. I think the white text does make it cold and harder to see. The red text is hard for me to see too against the black. I like when you changed the text from white to soften it. Doesn't seem as harsh. I like the wood header too. But I don't think it flows with your black background. Please don't hurt me! Ducking now.
default_saludando.gif

I pretty much feel the same was as Marty explained. Overall I like it. I like the wooden header. But your site deffinently has a dark feel to it. Perhaps with a different background behind you main tables it will make it a little brighter, but still give that easy to read affect.

Nice site, But I too would vote for brown and beige... or Grey on Charcoal.... Its tough to read.

Heck Marty saying what you thought of it was exactly what I wanted so no need to duck.

Might have to switch the page background to black and make my table a different color. I didn't like my hyperlinks in red anyways.

Food for thought.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back