My Very First Mini Is Coming Home!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterCountry

Reaction score
After almost two years of no horses, Dally is coming home. Dally was my first mini who had her foal on internet webcam back in 2006. She may possibly be in foal again, to a black and white yearling colt. From what I have researched it is possible for a yearling to impregnate a mare and he was seen successfully breeding her. She would be due next month so she is being delivered on Wednesday.

She has had three foals now, all fillies. In 2006, she had a black overo filly (sire was black and white pinto), the following year, all black filly (bred to black and white pinto again for that foal) and last year she had a bay mini mule filly.

She is on grass and fat according to her owner, and her yearling filly is still busting down things to get to her mom and nurse so owner said her bag is huge anyway so no way to tell that way. I am hoping I see movement or something to indicate as I just went through this twice with Sable my last mare. Maybe something good will happen this time ;)

In any case I am just happy my girl is coming home!

Here are pics of her from before and will try to get some when she arrives.

Dally when she was in foal first winter I had her.

Just after Mokey was born here.

Later pic of the two of them and a hideous pic of me.

Spooky, the filly she had for her new owner.

Dally and April, mini mule filly

Another cute shot of April

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Thats great that she is coming home to you. We will be waiting to hear if she is in fact in foal and about ready to pop.

Marie

You should keep in mind if the new baby is that close that the mare may not have colostrum if her yearling foal has been nursing all this time.

You should keep in mind if the new baby is that close that the mare may not have colostrum if her yearling foal has been nursing all this time.

I have considered this and she is mostly off the yearling (weaned) but the silly girl keeps finding ways to sneak a suck here and then. They are seperated but the filly will go through the fence to get to mom!
default_sad.png
I am hoping she is due later in July so we can get her cleaned up in time. I worry about mastitis too, but don't think she is nursing enough to worry about stopping her cold turkey.

The mare is a pretty girl. I am hoping she is open so you can choose if you want to breed her.

Latest posts

Back