My turn to be proud

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
As a breeder, there is nothing more rewarding than to see the offspring of your breeding program go out and win. It is not easy to pull this off year after year - it takes dedication on behalf of the breeder, it is not easy to find mares & stallions that "click". As important, if not MORE important is the dedication of the new owners & trainers who put their heart & soul (not to mention hard earned $$$) into creating these beautiful show horses - without them, it would not happen.

I am indeed a proud mom, grandmother and great-grandmother. As the breeder of Mountain Meadows D's American Express it has been my pleasure and joy to be able to witness him winning Nationals not only in Halter but also in Open Single Pleasure driving - not once, but 2X. Then to have him go on to create such wonderful offspring as all those winning horses that Renee from Lucky Hart is producing - in 2009 alone he sired Expression, Excessive Style, Excellence, Exceptional, Excitement, Expressive, Extravaganza -- all taking many AMHR Top 10's and many taking National Championships. This with many different owners, handlers and many different judges - truly it is a credit to both Renee for her foresight and Express for his prepotency.

As a proud mom, Express created for me Mountain Meadows Special Express (aka "Prince") who has also followed in his beautiful sire's hoofprints and had 2 National Grand Championships granted to him. Prince has then gone on to follow in the hoofprints of his special sire and create his own winning offspring: Mulligan's Run Amirs Jaden, CCMF Amir Al Zaira, Aloha Acres Amirs Kamilah, Aloha Acres Rally Express & Zepher Woods Prince Charming - again, all went high AMHR Top 10 and many taking National Champion - again, different owners, different handlers and under different judges.

It is my ultimate dream for the offspring of Express and Prince to also go out and produce more National Champions and to make their owners as proud of their horses as I am of the ones that I helped create.

Many congratulations to all who were at AMHR Nationals - the horses were beyond compare, the comaraderie was great, the judging was terrific and very fair, our announcer deserves a lifetime supply of RockStar, and Leonard and his staff deserve a standing ovation for once again pulling off one of the greatest horse shows in the entire industry.

Many times I was overcome with tears of joy to be able to witness such a wonderful evolution as I have seen happen with the AMHR horses - my hat is off to those dedicated breeders
default_saludando.gif

Stacy

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderfully said and beautifully written - I too tip my hat to everyone.

Congratulations to all - I for one hope to be one of those breeders - aspire to be like you and those you describe. Isn't that the ultimate goal? Produce fabulous foals that can carry on the legacy?

You should indeed be proud! Awesome!

Congratulations to all who won with the offspring of Stacy's breeding program! I count myself in with this special group, winning Reserve National Champion with Mountain Meadows Tymeless Flirt in 2007 (Country Pleasure Driving Mares), as well as 8th in Amateur Versatility and 9th in Open Halter, in large classes. Flirty has also produced an amazing colt for me by another Mountain Meadows bred horse, and has now turned around and proven her stellar aptitude for combined driving as well! Certainly a testament to Stacy's breeding program!!!

Stacy has not even mentioned the success she has had with the offspring of her stallion, Century Farms Bey Masquerade, and also the stallion she used to own, Celebrations Tennessee Tyme. I suppose that is because they were not actually bred by her. But they, in combination with Stacy's exceptional mare band, have created many National and World Champions, not to even mention the Grands!

Stacy, you totally deserve the joy you received while watching your "kids" out in the ring. It took a lot of work and dedication to make that happen! Congratulations!
default_wub.png

Thank you Amy
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Of course now I need to run to the restroom to fix my make-up - crying again . . .

default_saludando.gif

HUGE CONGATS & if I was you, I would be dancing on air too.

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I am just head over heals in love with your Prince!
default_drool5.gif

Stacy, I would like to publicly thank you, for not only your complementary comments, but also for your support from the minute we purchased Express. I often think of how much easier it would have been for you, if you had done as so many others have done, simply hid the old gentleman out behind the barn because he was a few inches taller than most wanted at that time. But, you didn't. He is what he is and you appreciated and loved what he is and wanted to show him off.

The Over Miniature has arrived and I think that Mountain Meadows D's American Express will play an important part. His time has come. Thanks Again, Renee

As a breeder, there is nothing more rewarding than to see the offspring of your breeding program go out and win. It is not easy to pull this off year after year - it takes dedication on behalf of the breeder, it is not easy to find mares & stallions that "click". As important, if not MORE important is the dedication of the new owners & trainers who put their heart & soul (not to mention hard earned $$$) into creating these beautiful show horses - without them, it would not happen.

I am indeed a proud mom, grandmother and great-grandmother. As the breeder of Mountain Meadows D's American Express it has been my pleasure and joy to be able to witness him winning Nationals not only in Halter but also in Open Single Pleasure driving - not once, but 2X. Then to have him go on to create such wonderful offspring as all those winning horses that Renee from Lucky Hart is producing - in 2009 alone he sired Expression, Excessive Style, Excellence, Exceptional, Excitement, Expressive, Extravaganza -- all taking many AMHR Top 10's and many taking National Championships. This with many different owners, handlers and many different judges - truly it is a credit to both Renee for her foresight and Express for his prepotency.

As a proud mom, Express created for me Mountain Meadows Special Express (aka "Prince") who has also followed in his beautiful sire's hoofprints and had 2 National Grand Championships granted to him. Prince has then gone on to follow in the hoofprints of his special sire and create his own winning offspring: CCMF Amir Al Zaira, Aloha Acres Amirs Kamilah, Aloha Acres Rally Express & Zepher Woods Prince Charming - again, all went high AMHR Top 10 and many taking National Champion - again, different owners, different handlers and under different judges.

It is my ultimate dream for the offspring of Express and Prince to also go out and produce more National Champions and to make their owners as proud of their horses as I am of the ones that I helped create.

Many congratulations to all who were at AMHR Nationals - the horses were beyond compare, the comaraderie was great, the judging was terrific and very fair, our announcer deserves a lifetime supply of RockStar, and Leonard and his staff deserve a standing ovation for once again pulling off one of the greatest horse shows in the entire industry.

Many times I was overcome with tears of joy to be able to witness such a wonderful evolution as I have seen happen with the AMHR horses - my hat is off to those dedicated breeders
default_saludando.gif

Stacy

Congrats Stacy, I agree it is nice to see what your have bred for prove itself in the show ring, and also their offspring. The over horses are just getting better and better!!

Congrats Stacy, I agree it is nice to see what your have bred for prove itself in the show ring, and also their offspring. The over horses are just getting better and better!!

Stacy, congratulations on the success you have had with your breeding program - it is truly exemplary, and I'm sure it's way beyond fun to watch them win over and over again.
default_smile.png

Enjoyed meeting you face to face, and seeing the "Washington table" having such a great show LOL.

Jan

What a wonderful post! Congratulations on your success--your breeding program gives all of us li'l guys something to aspire to.

Stacy, it was great to be able to meet you in person for the first time after lots of email correspondence. I had so much fun listening to you and enjoying your enthusiasm and knowledge.

Continued success to you and your lovely horses.

Mary

Jan, Mary - it was great to finally get to meet you as well and I loved watching you both show your beautiful horses. Jan, keep me posted on your mare's hip and Mary keep me posted on how Kammy is doing.

Tiffany - we are a "lil guy" - I don't count myself in the range of a big breeder - we only have around 15 producing mares and many more who are aged or have a disability but will remain at my farm as beloved "lawn art" for the rest of their life.

Stac

Stacy you should be VERY PROUD!

For those of you who don't know Stacy Score very well, she has been one of my and others' greatest resources and go to persons with her vast knowledge or bloodlines, breeding experiences, and common sense practices not to mention has a great eye for a good horse! Stacy humbly never gives herself sufficient credit for the huge successes she has accomplished.

Stacy has always been there to answer questions and support us, whether the horses we are showing or breeding are "her" breedings or not... she just is there for us! No one is more critical, yet more devoted to her own horses and program, but then will graciously without reservation, offer help and suggestions to another with their program.

We are soooo fortunate to have some really great people/breeders like Stacy Score here in the Northwest and we are very proud of the quality horses we are producing both for performance and halter.

Stacy... THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for ALL your support and friendship over the years... your support at Nationals this year with my horses' wins and just for always being there to share fun horsey stories, answer questions and a shoulder to cry on in times of tribulation!

Joanne

Owner of Reserve National Champion Mountain Meadows Merrilegs

I am so happy for you and your success as a breeder

You must be so proud of the legacy you have created

in the miniature business and I'm sure will continue

for many years to come

Congrats on all your babies
default_biggrin.png

Stacy and Renee both know how I feel about their horses. The first time I saw Prince you couldn't wipe the smiile off my face. And I tried REALLY hard to win the bid on Express but my computer died at the end and I missed the final bids. But I give someone a run for the money
default_smile.png

As the proud owner of Zephyr Woods Prince Charming I could not ask for a more beautiful balanced horse. He is sweet but yet will give you his all in the showring. He will be a valuable cornerstone for us in the future.

Stacy, thank you again. Anyone that knows us knows we love Charming with all our heart
default_smile.png

Wow Joanne - I am touched and more than a little embarrassed by the compliments.

As I have said many times before, it is the PEOPLE in the miniature horse industry that are truly the World's Greatest. We have a wonderfuly group here in the NW and regularly get together to have fun, without them to support me thru all the ups and downs of horse breeding I would never have been able to hang in there. I feel truly blessed to have found such a great industry and the people that go along with it - we are competitors for sure, but for the most part it is fair competition - we may not always agree, but do agree that it is OK to disagree.

To be able to help those who have questions is something that I take very seriously - I remember when I first started in minis how frightened I was about possibly doing something incorrect (of course I did plenty of that) - and there were very few people I could turn to for help. I vowed that as I learned that I would pass on my experience to those who ask - may not always be what they want to hear, but it is honest and heartfelt based on my personal ups and downs. I do not consider myself an "expert" just someone who might have already gone thru a rough situation and would like to help others so that they might not have to go thru it themselves. Of course, at the root of all of this is my love for the miniature horses themselves - we created them, we continue to breed them, and I truly believe that we OWE it to them to take care of them and operate in their best interests at all times - OK better jump off the box before I really get going on a rant!
default_saludando.gif

Kitty - I can't wait to see how Charming and Treasure cross - wowzers - that is really going to be something - it was fun catching up a bit between running back and forth from the arena - hope to see you again next year - keep me posted!

Stac

Latest posts

Back