my turn for a "some people" post

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormo41

Reaction score
I had to run to the bank on my lunch break today, I was had to take out a large sum of money and had to go inside to see the real life bank teller, but i wanted to check my balance at the machine before i went in (just wanted to double check that i had that much money) anyway i got to put my card in and it's not going in, i look down and see $40 hanging from the machine. I didn't want to just leave it there and get someone because someone might come in and swipe it while i'm gone, and i don't want to take it out because i'm not sure if the tanaction was done or if the card was going to come out or anything. someone else comes in and i tell her what is going on she says "i'll take it in, you stay and watch the machine" I check my balence and head in to the bank, there are alot of people in there and they are all talking about what a good thing she did. I guess she failed to mention that i was the one who found the money in the first place. after she left the manager person found her and brought her back to ask her some questions i know she saw me standing in line, she only told them that someone had found the money with her when they said they were going to give the money back to the last person who used the machine. she said "oh no the lady infront of me found it, and then she used the machine before i did" and i was like uh i'm standing right here lady you are looking at me!! why not give me some credit! URG!!!

the most annoying part was that it never even crossed my mind about taking the money for myself and leaving. I would feel so guilty every time I walked into that bank (i go there offen). but when people were saying what a good person she was for bringing it back, they said that they would have taken the money.

all i can say is

SOME PEOPLE!!!!!!
default_laugh.png
oh well the important thing is the money was returned to the bank and they are working on finding the rightfull owner of it.

Well............YOU know you did the right thing, and the Guy Upstairs knows.........those are the two most important.
default_smile.png

I agree with Miniv. Ya gotta live with yourself. And.....I might add, it's OK to give yourself a pat on the back. Not everyone would have done what you did.

I initially misunderstood the post and thought they were giving that lady the money! At least your friends here on the forum know what an upstanding gal you are. Kudos to you for doing the right thing either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back