My talented husband

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
My husband Mark really is talented. He spends hours sculpting. His day job as a dental lab tech "making teeth" really is just an extension of his creative artistic ability. I just hope one day he has the time to work at this the way he would love to. He has done a couple of commissioned pieces. At least with those money arrives upfront. Bronze is of course very expensive right now. I try to encourage him as much as possible. I bought him a book on going from the clay creation to the bronze finished product. I also critique his in progress pieces. He gets upset with me but then always tells me I was right about the needed changes and often asks me to go out to the studio to provide input.

CIMG1991.JPG

CIMG1981.JPG

CIMG1982.JPG

CIMG1987.JPG

CIMG1989.JPG

Lovely work
default_smile.png

I've spent time working in the dental lab too and I could never do that in a million years! His work is incredible. Wow!

Amazing! What a talent! I play with clay every now and then.........I could only dream of something coming out like your husbands stuff!
new_shocked.gif

Carol

Wow..such beautiful work! What a gift to be able to use your hands to make something from your heart and mind.

Does he do horses? I'd love to have someone do a driving horse award for our engraving business Cherokee Stables Engraving.

Wow - no kidding about talent!!! Your husband is incredibly talented - NICE! Thanks for sharing!
default_yes.gif

Liz N.

CIMG1988 (2).jpg

This one is somewhat blurry...but it is a football player from the early days of football. He wants to do an entire lineup up offensive and defensive players.

Wow..such beautiful work! What a gift to be able to use your hands to make something from your heart and mind.

Does he do horses? I'd love to have someone do a driving horse award for our engraving business Cherokee Stables Engraving.
Horses...he can do just about any subject. I only hope that one day he will do one of ours (lol, me not being a paying customer puts me way back on the back burner). I tried to pull up your website for him and it would not pull up. I think it said error 404? I am sure when he finishes the mother/daughter he has going on right now he might ready to go back to doing a western. This was only the second time he did one from live subjects. It is so hard to capture "youth." The other one was a bust of a doctor's two little girls. It was a Christmas gift to the wife. When we moved the actual mold it was poured from was in a box in our backseat. The box was labeled "little girls'heads". We were laughing about what would happen if we got pulled over in a traffic stop and the cops saw that box.

Wow! Beautiful! I LOVE the people!!! Tell him to keep going on the football line up! That would be cool! Very unique!!
default_yes.gif

Great work!!!

NOW, these are the two little girls that actually were cast in bronze. Everything else is still waiting for our ship to come in.

grace gail.jpg

Back