My surprize baby arrived last night!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
After thinking that neither of my mares settled, i was surprized when about a month ago, my Appy mare Solitaire began to look 'odd' and kind of thick in the middle. Sure enough, in the following week, I was able to see movement in there- but not really any belly to speak of.

Last night just after midnight she presented me with a lovely black Appy filly- she has Appaloosa characteristics, so will likely color with time. She has a really concentrated Appy pedigree and goes back four times to Chianti. She is a Shadow Oaks Cock Robin granddaughter.

She has no fear and already thinks I have been put on this earth to pet and love on her, LOL

I am so thrilled because her sire is 22 this year, and I only have one of his offspring- and I just love that horse.

Here she is last night at about a half hour old when she JUST got her legs under her, and a couple more pics at just 7 hours old this morning.

Sol12fillyhalfhrold.jpg

Sol12filly7hrs.jpg

Sol12filly7hrsLS.jpg

Wow!!!! A BIG congratulations to you!!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Liz N.

Congradulations....already see that there is more to this package underneath, to be found when clipped. Can not believe shes here ahead of mine. So happy you got a filly by the old man.

Latest posts

Back