My Stallion is now a gelding!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topnotchminis

Reaction score
Hi all!

Well I had my 2 1/2 year old stallion gelded today. It was the first horse I have had gelded (all my other horses are mares/fillies), and I was so nervous! I am glad it went well, and he is such a trooper. I was so nervous when we arrived, but I am now so happy, and I hope to show him next year. What should I expect in the next couple of days? I know I need to work him, but any tips would be great. Thanks!

I was told to trot him around on lead rope at least 4 times a day. I did this and my Giddy had NO swelling or pain.

Congrats on your new gelding! I have had 6 gelded now, and each time I look forward to it with excitement and apprehension. I have had some that swelled quite a bit and others not at all really. My vet in ID who gelded the first two told me to make sure they could urinate since I called concerned about their swelling. That was a time I had two 2 year old brothers done the same day, so they were playing and such afterward. They definitely did not swell from lack of activity! Anyhow, I am sure your boy will be just fine. Good luck showing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I am so excited. He seems to be doing well with little swelling. I just can't wait till he is healded up, so he came be with the mares, and they can be one happy herd!

Latest posts

Back