My son would be 15 yrs old today.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCaseFamily00

Reaction score
It's hard to believe it's been 15 yrs,feels like yesterday. Cameron was born 5 weeks early and was stillborn due to the umbilical cord. I was able to hold him a couple times and he was perfect,big beautiful hands. For those of you who have lost a child you know the pain softens but never goes completely away.Thanks for listening

Its not "just" your own children...sometimes its a sibling...I had a brother born 3 months preemie back in 1962 (back when a 3 mo preemie had almost no chance at survival) and he lived 12 hours. I never met him, but I ALWAYS think about him on his birthdate...he was still my little brother John.

So sorry for your loss!

I'm so sorry. I can only imagine. My son was born after 3 hours of trying to get him out with his cord tied in two knots. The dr. said he was a miracle baby. I thank GOD every day that he made it.

Kim

(((HUGS))) for you on this sad day for you.
default_wub.png

I was lucky my son lived till 28 y.o. only to die in a motorcycle accident, back in 1998. I miss him terribly. So I feel your pain and know how you feel. ))))HUGS((((( TJ

((Hugs)) The worse possible thing I can imagine...losing a child. I so often think of Marty and would like to hold her in my arms.....and my mom .......when my sister died in a plane crash. It takes a lot of strength and a lot of faith to continue. God Bless you all.

I have not lost a baby, but my grandmother lost her youngest (of two) son at 17 to a shooting (mistaken identity) and I know she was never the same. I never understood why until I held my own first baby in my arms...

I do not know if I could weather that grief.

I read the journals of some women that have lost babies (some dads contribute, too) and the pain is so immense. I am so sorry this happens, it seems wrong and such a helpless feeling. The pictures of the perfect babies that will never smile and coo is heart-rending...and I don't think it's any easier the older they get.

Nothing hurts quite like the thought of losing the little ones.

My thoughts are with you as you mark this milestone.

Liz M.

BIG Hugs for you on Cameron's birthday. I cannot even imagine for one split second the pain of one of my children passing away. I have tried to imagine it but know it is nothing close to the actual happening. I have lost a child in a different way though and the pain was unbearable. God Bless You and Your Family.

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart is with you. My Lee would be 38 next month. He was 16 when he died. It does not get easier . Not for me anyway. Bless you on this special day. Cheryl

My Mama had twins boys before me, and the oldest passed away 12 hours after birth on July 5 1954. We still have my oldest brother. Then my 16 year old brother was killed March 24, 1977 , 5 telephone poles away from our home. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think and hurt over my baby brother. He was going to rule the world with love and kindness. I think God was afraid that he would do it and took him away from us.

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain that never goes away.

Huggs

I'm sorry for your loss. No matter how long ago it was it still hurts. ((((HUGS))))

I spent the day with my husband,14 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son so that was nice. My 2 yr old gave me extra snuggles today
default_wub.png
. I'm really blessed with a great family and LB friends thank you.

I am sorry to hear about your son.........it very much sounds like you are blessed with a very loving family and I am sure the extra snuggles from your 2 year old did help you through your day.

Please know my thoughts are with you all.
default_wub.png

I won't pretend to know what it's like, but I'm so sorry and wish you peace. I really don't know how parents make it through such a loss, but I guess you just have to for the rest of your family and loved ones.

Hugs

Latest posts

Back