My son in leaving the country!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
Jason has told us that he feels that God is leading him to go teach in our mission school in Assuncion Paraguay. He is not a teacher but he will be teaching english in the school there. Plans are for him to be gone for at least a year maybe more. I have been really blessed to have all three of my children live within 5 minutes of my house. Spoiled I guess with sunday dinners every week...... I will miss him alot but I am very proud of the man he has become. At first I didnt want him to go and then I realized that he is doing exactly what I raised him to do. Serve the Lord with all his might. God will bless his effort Im sure.

Downside besides missing him is that he has a lovely rescue Dalmation that is 2 and a half. Shirley is a clingy dog. She will miss him alot. He is looking for an understanding home for her. If anyone knows of a loving home that can stand a 45 pound dog trying to sit in their lap, please PM me. Jason leaves in October.

Arent they handsome! (beautiful)

Lyn

JasonandShirley.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a wonderful thing for him to do. I'm sure the perfect home will come along for Shirley.

Lyn, your son is nice looking and has a good heart! I just know you're so proud of him! May his steps take him where he needs to go, to do what he must, and then bring him back home to you.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Lyn, it takes a special mother to raise a special son..and your son sure is one of the special ones. I know you are so proud of what he is going to do.

His Shirley is adorable. I know what you mean about "clingy" dogs (ummm....make that clingy furkids) I have a 54 lb "kid" that always has to sit on my lap, go where ever we go and on Friday nights waits by the door for her "Daddy" to say let go pick up the fish. (we always have a fishfry on Friday nights, and you guessed it..Angel gets her own) She is a beautiful dog... I just wish I was alot closer to you, I just might be interested in her.
default_wink.png
I am sure you will find the perfect home for her.

That's wonderful, Lyn! God has not directed me to go to the mission field (at least not yet) but I greatly admire those who get that privilege. What mission agency will he be with? I hope he finds a wonderful home for his dog.

He is going with the Apostolic Christian Church Foundation. we are anabaptists, like menonite and amish just more modern. He speaks spanish very well and he is excited to be going. He is renting out his house here and leaving his computer web.code designer job to do this. He is 29, single and went last year on his vacation for two weeks. They have asked him to come back. I remember the story of Hannah in the Bible when she prayed that Gpd would let her have a child and if he did promised to give him back to the temple when he was old enough for Gods service. God answered her prayer and Samuel went back to the temple to live at the age of 4.

When JAson was born, he almost died durring the delivery and I made a similar "deal" with God that if he lived I would raise him to live for the Lord and encourage him to serve Him. At least I got to have him more than 4 years!

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Back