My Side of the

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belinda

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

First let me say I have always taken anything that came in the mail without a signature as Garbage !! When someone stands up and makes accusations that can be harmful to a person or their reputation the accuser should have enough guts to sign their work !!

Now to all those in the Futurity that received this unsigned letter, I am going to make this brief..

!. BRIGHT DAY MY STUD IS A SLIVER BUCKSKIN PINTO , HIS PAPERS WERE NEVER CORRECTED . I WAS NOT HIS BREEDER ~!!! I WAS NOT THE ONE THAT PUT WHAT COLOR HE WAS ON HIS PAPERS.

2. ROYAL RED LUSTER ---IS A SORREL MARE WITH SOCKS, A WHITE SPOT UNDER HER MANE AND A SMALL ONE AROUND HER TAIL AREA.. I WOULD CALL HER A MINIMAL MARKED PINTO . AGAIN I AM NOT THE BREEDER I DID NOT REG HER , ALSO FOR MORE INFO ON THIS MARE,, I BOUGHT HER FROM A SALE IN THE YEAR 2000 , THE MARE HAD JUST BEEN BOUGHT OUT OF A SALE FROM NORTH DAKATO, AND BROUGHT TO ARKANSAS WITH AT LEAST 75 OTHER PONIES FROM THAT SALE ,

SO MY POINT IS , I BOUGHT A MARE , THAT HAD BEEN THRU TWO SALES , AM I SURE HER PAPERS ARE CORRECT , ???? NO WAY , THE ONLY THING I AM SURE OF IS SHE IS THE DAM OF THE FILLY I REGISTRED..

I FEEL BAD FOR ANY OF YOU THAT BUY HORSES OUT OF SALES , THAT MIGHT HAVE CHANGED HANDS HERE AND THERE , BECAUSE THE SAME THING COULD HAPPEN TO YOU !!!

THAT IS WHY I ALWAYS WHEN AT A AUCTION LIVE BY "" BUYER BE WARE """ ..

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE "FRIENDS " THAT HAVE CALLED TODAY , TO OFFER THEIR SUPPORT AND BACKING.. AS THOSE ARE THE ONES THAT KNOW , YOU CAN NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HISTORY OF SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE BOUGHT AND HAD NO CONTROL OF ALL ITS LIFE,,

I have no idea what this is about (actually - I'm glad that I have no idea what this is about) but I am sorry Belinda that whatever happened to you
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

It's people like that that I prefer to keep out of my life...

I am also sorry if you have been wronged by someone in this miniature horse organization( I dont know who or care... I find that 60% of people out there in the world are dishonest. For every dishonest thing someone does , someone else down the road ends up being held accountable for the other persons dishonesty. Sad world we live in.

A perfect example of why I personally believe we should be DNA and PQ babies coming into the futurity just like we do sweepstakes babies.

Issues like this one have come up several times before with sales ect being involved I do think DNA and PQ would be a help in cutting down on these issues.

A perfect example of why I personally believe we should be DNA and PQ babies coming into the futurity just like we do sweepstakes babies.
Issues like this one have come up several times before with sales ect being involved I do think DNA and PQ would be a help in cutting down on these issues.
I agree ....

Belinda,

I totally understand what you are saying. Some of my own personal horses (that I bought through sales) have incorrect colors on them as well. I haven't changed it because it currently isn't a problem and I intend to color DNA test my questionable horses BEFORE I make those changes. Texaco MGS is registered as a seal brown. I'm not an expert by any means, but he doesn't look seal brown to me. He's most likely black, but possibly a very very dark bay. On his papers, he has several grays listed. I know those are incorrect as well and one in particular is most likely a sabino. There are hundreds of horse papers out there with the wrong colors listed. And it happens, especially if you register them as foals! One of my very own foals, that has been sold, does not exhibit the bay coloring that I initially registered her as. The last picture I saw of her, she appears to be a blue roan or more likely a black sabino!
default_new_shocked.gif
So, it happens to ALL of us!

Belinda,

I have to agree with you here. I just don't put much faith in "I heard" Someone told me etc.

Especially if someone is trying to hurt another's reputation. Just remember as I have found those that know you will know the truth.

It is buyers beware all the time.

Arlene

I just wanted to say that I also feel the same way Belinda does ----

I have always taken anything that came in the mail without a signature as Garbage !!
I really do not respect how this "letter" was sent. Why were these questions not asked to the people who can answer without trying to start a lynch mob?

Belinda has always been very good about answering questions in person and here on the board.

Especially if someone is trying to hurt another's reputation. Just remember as I have found those that know you will know the truth.
default_yes.gif

Belinda

Being that Bright and the mare are DNA'd from previous Sweepstakes, all that needs to be done is to DNA the filly in question. It is a shame that the person doesn't have the "cajones" to sign their name to the letter...we got one too...however...I know both Bright, and the mare in question, as we were at the sale that she went through in ND! We purchased Michigan's Heart of Steel and P.C. Challengers New Penny at the same sale. In fact I bid on the mare in queston (I found the catalog from the sale) only to have Jeremy G out bid me, on her AND several others. Geremy had to have his brother come up to ND in a double decker cattle truck to get all the ponies he bought, to get them home to AR. He then turned around and had his own sale in Searcy AR in which he ran 90% of those ponies purchased in ND back through, Our mare Royal Patty LE was also among those purchased and re sold through his sale.

As far as Bright being a pinto....I can attest to that fact, I watched him show as a yearling on up through his winning his HOF...he has a LARGE belly spot, and is a Silver Buckskin, NOT a light Palomino! As far as the ancestry of the mare, and (not being a tobiano) with out a blood test to see what type of a pinto she is, I don't feel it fair to "assume" she can't be a toby. Most likely the horses listed as Strawberry Roan and Red Roan are also pintos that are not noted on their papers.....Royal Red Viking being one of those, only that he is a red roan. With the Wild markings that Rock E throws...I would venture a guess be willing to bet he carries the pinto gene also, as he has a belly spot...and from the pictures of Rock "O" would venture to say he also had a belly spot. Too many pinto markings coming from those lines to not believe they were also pintos and pinto producers. Our Royal Red Viking filly out of our solid sorrel mare is a pinto too, it is NOT mentioned on her papers either, other than she is a Red Roan. So as far as the possibility of Cross Country Lady Stardust not being a product of the breeding of Bright and Luster, I find there are too many holes in the "argument" in the letter we received". Someone needs to research and get their facts straight before making acqusations.

The only true way to know the truth is to Color test the Stallion, Mare and Filly to what type of pinto producers they are...Maybe the accuser would like to foot the bill??????

Those lines tend to carry sabino, not tobiano, so I would guess that you're right about the papers being mixed up on the mare you bought - happens more than people know. Though I know of at least 3 ponies that are marked like you describe your mare and they have all tested positive for tobiano.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well folks, all I can tell you is that our filly is beautiful and she durn sure won the overall grand at Congress for us and Belinda. I can also assure all of you that Bright is a far cry from being a palomino. I personally saw him when we were up in Arkansas several weeks ago.
default_new_shocked.gif

As far as his papers not matching, having been in these little horses for over 25 years, I can't tell you the times we registered a foal one color and then when it was clipped or matured it turned out to be a completely different color than we originally thought. I can also tell you that we very seldom have gone back and changed the color till they went permanent in the miniatures anyway. I am sure this has happened numerous other folks also.
default_wink.png

I would love to know who sent out these letters, so we could have a long private talk with them. I am sure though it is just some very petty and jealous person that has nothing better to do with their time than to try to start a problem. When there isn't one.
default_no.gif

I just got off the phone with Belinda and told her when she gets time between shows, conference and trying to have a personal life to DNA Stardust for me. As final proof of who she is anyway, just for the record.
default_yes.gif

One thing about it as if this filly has not made a big statement about herself by being the first weanling to ever win the title of Congress Grand Champion Mare in the history of ASPC, now with this extra publicity she will be even more of a celebrity. LOL
default_aktion033.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif

So it is not all bad. Whomever did this has not succeeded in doing anything except to make themselves look foolish in the eyes of most reasonable people in this industry. But then again this is more than likely one of the reasons why they did not sign their name to the letter.
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Belinda if you will please let me know if you produce another one as good out as Stardust next year out of these two horses as I want to buy the baby sight unseen. I love this little filly and look for big things to come from her in the future.
default_yes.gif

And yes she is going to be on the show circuit next year, hopefully showing against whomever wrote this wonderful letter's horses.
default_488.gif

In closing all I can say is Belinda has assisted Cindy and I in buying four horses all of which turned out to be even better than she originally said she thought they were. 3 of those four were from other breeders. I told her what I was looking for and she found them for me over the past 3 years. She didn't try to push only her horses on us as a lot of people might have done , but rather handled herself in a professional manner in every aspect of our relationship.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

She has shown for us now for two years and has always been fair in her dealings with us. Yes at times she may be outspoken, but that is part of who she is. You never have to wonder where Belinda is standing on any subject. Just ask her and she will flatly tell you in a straight forward manner. Personally I wish more people were that self confident and honest in their dealings with people.
default_wub.png

Thanks Belinda for being our trainer and also a friend that we can count on.!!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_worshippy.gif

sounds like someone with too much time on their hands....(letter writer that is)

I'm with Michelle. We have a letter writer with too much time on his/her hands, and obviously looking for trouble.

I can't help but think it is because Belinda is a director that she is being attacked which is sad because our organization needs more people like her in it!! Thank you for the job that you do, Belinda!

Agree with everything said, however the person who wrote the letter has accomplished nothing as no formal complaint has been made, if they really wanted something done they would have sent it to the office with a signed name and sent it to all directors.

I am with John, get the horse DNA'd and all is done and said, too bad you wont be able to send the proof to the cowardly individual that needed to talk trash to every member of the Classic futurity. This is a blantant attack! If you have a problem speak to the person you have a problem with, this usually works best.
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Belinda,

There are mean-spirited people out there and some just down-right losers. Sorry this happened to you, but in a sad way it's a compliment. I say that because nobody takes the time to mess with someone's reputation unless they are threatened by it.

Again, sorry it happened, but screw them! Have a beer and forget about it. It's not worth your time or effort.

I just got the letter late last night when I got off work. Knew as soon as I read it it was wrong. So many dont understand the Tobiano gene. 4 high whites is a huge clue that Tobiano is at work. I feel sure your stallion and the mare both carry Tobiano. So many of those horses are listed as solid when they are actually a minimal expression Tobiano

[SIZE=14pt]Just want to say to everyone and to you John, THANK YOU !!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
It makes a person feel good to know there are still GOOD PEOPLE in the world !!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

Don't let the kind words go to your head, I am still going to give you a bad time whenever I can.
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

By the way I am beginning to believe that you are getting soft. In years past,this would have been a seek and destroy mission in progress. LOL
default_poke.gif
default_doh.gif
default_xkngt.gif

By the way I meant what I said about the 2010 filly. Just do not tell Cindy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back