My Shetland pony mare bred to a miniature stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'm excited for you. Baby littles are the cutest ever. Did you have her ultrasounded to confirm? Will you be monitoring with PH strips?
I've got 2 mares due June 24ish, both maiden. They're horses though, not quite as exciting as the wee ones. Best wishes, and I cant' wait to see pictures!

Oh I'm excited for you. Baby littles are the cutest ever. Did you have her ultrasounded to confirm? Will you be monitoring with PH strips?
I've got 2 mares due June 24ish, both maiden. They're horses though, not quite as exciting as the wee ones. Best wishes, and I cant' wait to see pictures!
How exciting for both of you I would love to see pics of your foals #Standardsequine
#rsimmers55 and also of Sparrow’s foal😀

No ultrasound or ph strips. Sparrow is my only Shetland mare and Storm is my only miniature stud. I have had 3 foals from other Shetland mares and a Shetland stud, but that was about 15 years ago and they have been sold or given to friends.

Both my mares were maiden. The one delivered 12 days ahead of her due date. The second was due on Friday. They go when they're ready and not a day sooner. My big warmblood mare was bred to an arab stud, delivered me a lovely colt. Poor girl though, she was such a hurting unit, couldn't stand still, couldn't lay comfortably. I finally gave her some banamine and sat with her while she laid out and rested. After that, she was much more comfortable and is a lovely mom - although she could give her rambunctious turkey a bit more discipline! He's a bitey little fart right now! However, he's exactly the sport horse I was after. (he's 15 days in the photo)
@rsimmers55 , how are things moving along??

Attachments

• Uri Canter.jpg
    Uri Canter.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 5
Both my mares were maiden. The one delivered 12 days ahead of her due date. The second was due on Friday. They go when they're ready and not a day sooner. My big warmblood mare was bred to an arab stud, delivered me a lovely colt. Poor girl though, she was such a hurting unit, couldn't stand still, couldn't lay comfortably. I finally gave her some banamine and sat with her while she laid out and rested. After that, she was much more comfortable and is a lovely mom - although she could give her rambunctious turkey a bit more discipline! He's a bitey little fart right now! However, he's exactly the sport horse I was after. (he's 15 days in the photo)
Oh how beautiful he is! You will enjoy him so much. Congratulations!

A lovely looking foal so full of energy.

My Shetland pony is still pregnant. Don't know when she is really due. Stud mini was in with her from June 2021 through March of this year. Here is how she looked today.

Attachments

• 20220627_112613.jpg
    20220627_112613.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220627_170729.jpg
    20220627_170729.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 5

Oh your little guy is sharp looking! I'm hoping I can get my Holsteiner/Hanoverian bred to my half-Welsh stallion for a sport pony, but she is 21 this year, so it's "iffy"...

Oh your little guy is sharp looking! I'm hoping I can get my Holsteiner/Hanoverian bred to my half-Welsh stallion for a sport pony, but she is 21 this year, so it's "iffy"...
Best wishes for sure!!! My second foal came on Monday morning, 3:30. He was due June 24, delivered July 4. And he was not huge, he is tiny and adorable and perfect!! His name is Misha, will be registered as Baryshnakov SE (I named my colts after incredible dancers as I expect they'll be very strong in the half Arab sport horse rings.)

How is the Shetland?? Any news?

Attachments

• Misha 1.jpg
    Misha 1.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Misha 2.jpg
    Misha 2.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 2
Happy you had a healthy foal and nice looking too. My Shetland is still holding onto her baby. What I thought was wax must not have been, since that was 3 weeks ago. Still bagging up some.

Surely this is wax, for real this time! Oh my, this has been an adventure not knowing when my Sparrow actually got bred. Does she look close to foaling now?

Attachments

• 20220824_140610.jpg
    20220824_140610.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220824_140645.jpg
    20220824_140645.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220824_140721.jpg
    20220824_140721.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220824_141757.jpg
    20220824_141757.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 0
Surely this is wax, for real this time! Oh my, this has been an adventure not knowing when my Sparrow actually got bred. Does she look close to foaling now?
Any updates?

Latest posts

Back