MY SHAMMY GIRL IS GONE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a sad event for everyone.

She sounded like a special horse.

God only knows the reason, but we are sending along our condolences and hope you will be comforted knowing how many are reading this post and feeling your pain.

I'm so very sorry. She was a very special and beautiful girl - inside and out.
default_bye-sad.gif

My heart goes out to you -- I am so, so sorry for your loss...
default_no.gif

Liz R.

I'm so sorry, Maxine. She is so beautiful....(is and always will be).

I wish there were something I could say to comfort you.

Liz M.

Oh NO!!! Oh my gosh! This is terrible and sad news indeed.
default_crybaby.gif
: I am so very sorry for the loss of dear Shammy, for both you and her new owner. I am sure her new "mommy" feels AWFUL.

(((((MAXINE)))))

I wanted to tell everyone but darned not until I could tell Maxine myself in person. We are all so devastated! She had only been here three weeks but had been examined twice by my vet, had her shots, had her teeth floated, and the weather finally broke and we drove her lightly on Saturday. We even let my three year old son ride her a few minutes. All in all we had her out 45 minutes and although she sisnt even work up a sweat the kids gladly walked her around the yard to "cool off". Sunday everyone was fine and we put her in her stall all comfy with her hay and feed and Monday morning at 8:00 I found her down and unable to get up. My dear sweet vet came right out and there was no choice. I rubbed her neck and told her how much her Mommy (meaning Maxine) and I loved her and what a good girl she was! We buried her in a beautiful spot and DH is helping the kids make and paint a cross this weekend. Vet swears there was nothing I did, or didnt do, and nothing I could have known. I feel horrible, not only for myself and my kids but for Maxine and Carl. We just knew right away what a wonderful and special horse she was and our short time with her was precious. I hate to say this, but I was thinking it, and my daughter who is heartbroken even said it-"Mommy I wish it had been one of the other horses.." .

Thanks for letting me share too..It has been eating me up inside as I have had no one to share with and would not dream of letting Maxine find out from any source other than me-Now It is out and I can cry on everyone elses shoulders.

Maxine a HUGE hug from afar to you-and I am soo sorry!!
Wendi,I hope you don't dare even feel guilty for one minute! I've gotten to know you and your family and think I know how special you are and know how Blessed our horses are to be with you. I feel it would have happened also if she were here, just her time..you have my deepest appreciation for all you've done for both her and for Shadow boy..any horse would be very lucky to be owned by you. I'm glad you posted here as I see I might have gotten a couple details wrong, didnt hear much after you told me to tell you the truth..love,Maxine

Just one more picture and I'll quit, but his is how she and I spent our time
default_smile.png
The Fall was our favorite time.

100_0693_1.jpg

Very sad news. You all must be devestated. Shammy was indeed a very lovely girl and I am sure that you all will miss her deeply.

Very very sorry for your loss,

She looked like she loved to drive, it looks like she is smiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so terribly sorry. She was such a pretty girl. Lillacs suit her nicely. Again, I am so sorry you lost your friend...
default_no.gif

So very sorry to hear of Shammy's passing.

Hugs to all involved as we know how special she was to all of you!

Lee & Cory

My condolences on the loss of a beautiful mare. I'm so sorry!!

(Hugs)So sorry about dear Shammy. She was a special girl.
default_no.gif

I am so very sorry for the loss of beautiful little Shammy.
default_sad.png
She was a special little girl....she had everyone's heart.

So sorry for your loss of Shammy, I have a horse who just turned 18 yrs. old April 11 he is Alliman Joys Dan Patch. I got him from Sherri Alliman when he was just a baby he was my first mini. His sire was Jims Mccoy Boy. He is a great driving horse he has won many first places. Who was Shammy's Sire?

God Bless you and your family. Alice

Maxine I'm so sorry for the loss of your Shammy. ((((HUGS))))

Latest posts

Back