My rescue horses one week later

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos Ranch

Reaction score
I know it's only been a hair over a week since we got the 7 horses out of their cruel owners hands... but I see so many improvements that I just wanted to update ya'll.

The horses are getting a nice shine to their coats. I have mixed a combination of two 50 lb bags of sweet feed, one bag of alfalfa pellets, and one bag of crimped oats (going to switch that to whole oats next trip to the feed store.) I got a nice yellow salt block to help with the ticks. (someone on here suggested doing that.)

They are on 24 hour turnout in the pasture.. which his primarily fescue and lespadesia grass. (no one is pregnant so we should be ok on the fescue.)

I have gotten several of their feet trimmed, except the momma and baby... we are having trouble getting them to let us catch them. Plus the mare who has the bum shoulder from being hit by a car.. .it hurts her to put all of her weight on that hurt shoulder so that we can trim that other front hoof, so we have to do it a little at a time and let her rest a lot.

They are getting into a great routine now. When I whistle they know it's feeding time and they come running up with their manes and tails flying in the wind. It's so exhilerating (sp?) to see them with such energy and spirit. They are even starting to play with one another out in the pasture now.

I went ahead and turned my horses out with these guys... I Just couldn't help it. I checked tails for signs of diarhea, eyes for watering or gumming, and poops for the runs and I didn't see any signs of a sickness... I never believed these horses were sick, they were just hungry.

I wanted to take a minute and thank some very special people. They jumped right in there and helped me out by donating money to help me with some of the financial burdon. They were Kelly Wilson, Kathy Morlang, Catherine Glover, and Sonya Guidish.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
THANK YOU so much from the bottom of my heart. Your assistance really did help a lot and it was greatly appreciated.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Ok... so here's some pictures like I promised. There will be more in another week. I will try to do weekly updates for ya'll.

This is one of my favorite mares... we call her white sox.

WhiteSox2.jpg

This is the momma mare. She is the best looking one out there as far as weight.

Momma2.jpg

This is the mare with the bum shoulder and the hernia.

HerniaMare.jpg

Here's the other sorrel mare, she was one of the skinniest ones.

GroupShot.jpg

And here's what I'm used to on my horses... this is Bob and BJ, two of our geldings. This is a correct weight, and hopefully the rescued horses will be looking like this soon too.

BJandBob2.jpg

Again, thank you so much to those who has helped me, both financially, and with advice. I have made a vow to these horses to give them a good life.... and we're well on our way to doing that. I sure do appreciate all of the advice and well wishes I have recieved. You are a wonderful group of caring individuals.

They look better and a lot happier already!
default_wub.png
You are wonderful to take on 7 horses, and those who helped kudos to you for stepping up and helping out.

I'll be following the weekly updates for sure!
default_biggrin.png

I know it's only been a hair over a week since we got the 7 horses out of their cruel owners hands... but I see so many improvements that I just wanted to update ya'll.

The horses are getting a nice shine to their coats. I have mixed a combination of two 50 lb bags of sweet feed, one bag of alfalfa pellets, and one bag of crimped oats (going to switch that to whole oats next trip to the feed store.) I got a nice yellow salt block to help with the ticks. (someone on here suggested doing that.)

They are on 24 hour turnout in the pasture.. which his primarily fescue and lespadesia grass. (no one is pregnant so we should be ok on the fescue.)

I have gotten several of their feet trimmed, except the momma and baby... we are having trouble getting them to let us catch them. Plus the mare who has the bum shoulder from being hit by a car.. .it hurts her to put all of her weight on that hurt shoulder so that we can trim that other front hoof, so we have to do it a little at a time and let her rest a lot.

They are getting into a great routine now. When I whistle they know it's feeding time and they come running up with their manes and tails flying in the wind. It's so exhilerating (sp?) to see them with such energy and spirit. They are even starting to play with one another out in the pasture now.

I went ahead and turned my horses out with these guys... I Just couldn't help it. I checked tails for signs of diarhea, eyes for watering or gumming, and poops for the runs and I didn't see any signs of a sickness... I never believed these horses were sick, they were just hungry.

I wanted to take a minute and thank some very special people. They jumped right in there and helped me out by donating money to help me with some of the financial burdon. They were Kelly Wilson, Kathy Morlang, Catherine Glover, and Sonya Guidish.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
THANK YOU so much from the bottom of my heart. Your assistance really did help a lot and it was greatly appreciated.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Ok... so here's some pictures like I promised. There will be more in another week. I will try to do weekly updates for ya'll.

This is one of my favorite mares... we call her white sox.

WhiteSox2.jpg

This is the momma mare. She is the best looking one out there as far as weight.

Momma2.jpg

This is the mare with the bum shoulder and the hernia.

HerniaMare.jpg

Here's the other sorrel mare, she was one of the skinniest ones.

GroupShot.jpg

And here's what I'm used to on my horses... this is Bob and BJ, two of our geldings. This is a correct weight, and hopefully the rescued horses will be looking like this soon too.

BJandBob2.jpg

Again, thank you so much to those who has helped me, both financially, and with advice. I have made a vow to these horses to give them a good life.... and we're well on our way to doing that. I sure do appreciate all of the advice and well wishes I have recieved. You are a wonderful group of caring individuals.

they look very good for only been with you for a week! good job =].. with your pic of bj and bob. your geldings. they are both ADORABLE! the one of the right is SOO CUTE!
default_wub.png

I can see the shine on their coats! They are looking great. I bet they are so happy, good to hear they are playing and such. Keep up the good work!
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For not having them long I can already see a GOOD improvement over them!! You are SOOOOOOOOOO Awesome!! They look SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!! What a treat to see pictures of them!! You are doing a GREAT JOB!!!
default_aktion033.gif

They look happy! You can see it in their eyes! Wonderful job!!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Leya

Latest posts

Back