My rebuilt wagon!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
I LOVE IT! Have had lots of things going on in the past week including plenty of bad weather, so haven't had the chance to drive with it... But thought I'd share the pics... Looking forward to driving it and NO, no ponies will again be tied to the top of the rear seat!

Here's what it looked like before the "damage" to it.

13mar21begg919.jpg

When the rear seat was ripped off, it broke several of the boards on the back and also damaged the side support boards on each side under the seat and ripped screws loose and one side under bracing (not sure what each piece would be called). Sorry, this one was taken while inside the horse trailer - I never unloaded the wagon before taking it back to OH for repair.

13apr9wagon111.jpg

13apr9wagon110.jpg

And here is what it looks like now. I found it a great "excuse" to get some customization done. I found that my loooonnnggg legs and locking hips really needed some more height, so the 2" blocks under the front springs were removed and 4" ones put in. The side supports for the rear seat were completely removed as were the upper boards on the back that were already broken. The same size blocks were attached to the floorboards and the rear seat was also put on elliptical springs - raising it as well and giving it a much more comfortable ride! When I dropped it off, we thought that we'd have enough clearance for the springs with the blocks, but it appears we didn't. They fixed it by putting two nice, finished curves into the rear boards to accommodate the springs and WALLA! It's done.

13may16wag952.jpg

13may16wag953.jpg

I do have the top padding to put back on the top of the rear seat. I just haven't done so yet.

and here is a shot of the whole wagon - https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jgC10X8nX8Q/UZlgUjU9qWI/AAAAAAAAQ1w/BWzOT6swhvY/s500/13may16wag956.jpg

I picked it up on the 10th of May and then attended the Taylor Pony Farm 47th Annual Production sale (Minis, Shetlands and Hackneys, some grades - NOPE, I didn't buy any) on Saturday the 11th before driving home on Mother's Day, the 12th of May.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, it does. Until I put the pics into the post above, I hadn't even noticed it, LOL...

Amazing.

My two carts that got refurbished went thru the same - looking completely different now, too.

default_yes.gif

Beautiful!

Hmm...you say you stopped by the Taylor Pony Farm sale...Did your cart have to share the trailer with any new ponies?

No, I was "GOOD" since I have more than 30 head w/ 5 big horses here (actually 3 of those are under 14.2 but still eat like the Arabs they are)...

I was very tempted though - I was nearly sick to watch the grandson (a classic type shetland) of my first shetland driving mare (Bell) go thru for less than $100. I purposely didn't get a bidders number and our youngest daughter kept threatening to sit on my hands as I twitched... Helped that I don't do geldings (tho I have a whole collection fo them here now) and have no idea where I'd put him in one of my hitches since he was a chestnut (of course, they don't have to match, but). NOW if that had been a filly - I'd have probably gotten a number and then faced my hubby's wrath upon my return. Even when not breeding I love mares!

Part of the reason I went was to meet and greet folks - which I then didn't do. I had a cold and allergies "kick'n" and several people around me got nastily upset that I was coughing... I also felt terrible and it had turned "blistering" cold - so we left right after the sale w/o staying to talk to anyone. I got really cold even with the layers I was wearing and all I wanted to do was get part of the trip home under my wheels that afternoon rather than trying to do it all on Sunday...

The other part of the reason was to check out how his ponies that were related to most of mine (the Siemers bred herd he purchased awhile back w/ Cresent, Klassic Kreation, Masters bloodlines) were crossing on his classic and modern stallions. He sold the dam of one of my dark silver mares (KoKo) on his sale last year, and a daughter of Bell (the mare mentioned above) the year before. He also had gelding in the sale... The gelding is a full brother to a cremello mare that I have. I had hoped to be able to see the mares - another daughter to Bell still in his herd, the dam of our cremello mare - but that didn't work out. They weren't on the home property but were out on pasture out of town.

You guys have heard of GG. GG (LP Painted Silver Toy) is a daughter of Bell, and is sired by a stallion from Taylor's breeding - Michigan's Chief Red Cloud that Henry owned. She's now driving quite nicely (3 yrs old) - has been hitched as a single to an ez entry cart 5 or 6 times and has driven as a pair out at many outings with our Draft Driving Club and at the property of the Draft Horse trainer I took lessons from. She's on the right of the hitch in the original post. When I took the wagon up to OH the end of April to be repaired, I also took 4 of my ponies to the harness shop to get help w/ figuring out how to do the 4 abreast hitch (lines). the guys at Fairview fell in LOVE with GG - was surprised when I put a "high" price on her... I'd rather not sell, but if ya' wanted her, you'd come up with the price. I have another daughter of Bell coming up that will make another NICE driving pony by my stallion Iggy... She won't match with GG - much smaller - but same quiet disposition and nice, long, low movement. Bell has come back into season, so I don't think she ended up in foal last year... I didn't breed any mares back this year, and may not get another foal out of Bell so I really want to retain both of these young mares.

Latest posts

Back