My rabbit kindled again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crponies

Reaction score
My doe, Licorice, kindled again on Wednesday. Her last litter was born the end of June. If you remember she had 12. Well, one died at birth, one died from being weak/runty, and then 3 died from heat
no.gif
So, when I finally got to bring her home there were 7 kits left. Somehow the buck cage got open and my dog ended up getting one of them. He was a bit small at I think 7 weeks old but my friend helped me salvage the back half. So, I made a "rabbit butt stew." LOL Last night I had 2 more bucks butchered as they are 10 weeks old and were starting to fight a bit. Now I still have 4 fryers fattening from that first litter, 2 bucks and 2 does, and all are different colors. One is REW (ruby-eyed white/albino), one is black with tan tips (like Licorice), one is light orange, and one is agouti (which is tan with black tips). To add to that I bred Licorice to my friends' new New Zealand White buck before I brought her home. He was bred to some before her but they all came up empty. Licorice definitely was not empty! She had 14 kits this time! One did die at birth and I expect a few more will go soon as 13 is too many to think she will feed/raise. Rabbits only nurse once maybe twice a day so if one doesn't get a nipple during that time, it can be done for.
sad.gif
I'm hoping she'll be able to keep at least 10 going though. I'll have to take some new pics to share of my rabbits soon.

I use to raise meat rabbits. They were tasty! My kids ate it so many times thinking it was chicken. LOL

Fran

LOL It does taste a lot like chicken! My mom use to make a dish named Chicken Ole but really it was Rabbit Ole. The thing I really think about now is all the hormones they put into the meat animals anymore. I'm glad I can have a source of white meat that is definitely hormone free.

Latest posts

Back