My "quiet" gelding...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MInx

Reaction score
rolleyes.gif
Old fool that I am and being tired of just being physically challenged I decided it was time for Buddy and I to get to work. Mind you I did lunge him when I first got him once, but mostly now it's just grooming, trimming, farrier etc and my husband spoiling him:)

So it was cooler yesterday, 75° yeah!!!), 77° right now and more tolerable and out I went with him.

We don't have a spare paddock,ring,round pen anything! Just the driveway and grass, but he did well , at first...then he got pi**ed and started bucking, pulling , jumped once..he wanted the grass he gets when my husband walks him..it's usually their treat after grooming for them to get 5 minutes grass, it's like candy to them.

Well I didn't let him continue although it was a beautiful sight to see him move in such a spirited way
biggrin.gif
Wish I felt like that.

Carl went to get him as he feard I was going down, and I said no , he doesn't get off that easy, he has to finish with him knowing I'm alpha around here so a couple more minutes lunging he was fine, then when he stopped and faced me as he's supposed to, I praised him and he got his grass.

My question is , the new lunge line I got has the bungee thing on the end and it feels different to me and wonder if is too much give for him?

Today I'm very sore but tomorow we will do it again, I need a swivel walker for lunging hee hee LOL
yes.gif
I did ok with nothing though but was very unsteady. I am NOT giving up my only pleasure right now though. Life is good Maxine PS Anyone got a used mobility scooter for sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the music idea, does that mean I now have to get him an Ipod?
biggrin.gif

No room for a orund pen yet, just got the little pasture cleared out for them before we got them..we are in heavy woods, so will be clearing hopefully next Spring.

My own pretend Liberty class eh? My neighbor girl is coming starting tomorrow ro work him, she has big horses in 4-H and she will be showing Buddy hopefully on August 6th at the county fair!

So we'll see how he does, he's been shown open 4-H before (he's not registered)

so will get with the program..

he just decided to be a butt head that day, he needs a job. Please let me win the lotto and we will have a cart and harness for Carl to drive and he'll get back to where he is supposed to be.

Thanks for the advice, Maxine

Hmmmmm, I am picturing one of those Sit and Spins with a stool bolted to it and Buddy going round and round. It would be just like a Merry Go Round but I'm not sure you would be able to walk afterwards.

Do be careful. It really isn't worth getting hurt. I wonder if a T post in the center would give you some leverage with him and also give you something to hold onto if you needed it. I have never used a longe line with a bungee on it so I don't know how different it would be. When I start longing mine, I do it in the corner of the pasture so that I at least have two sides where there is a solid barrier.

The round pen idea is good too. They make plastic step in posts for electric fence. I use them for cross fencing with electric fence tape. If you had some kind of visible barrier, even if it was plastic tape, it would keep him from pulling.

Have fun but don't get hurt.

I would love a round pen too. The T-posts w/the woven wire would not be expensive or hard to do at all if you have the room Maxine. That would be perfect, you could work them and probably even sit in a chair while you do it, once you have them trained. I would need to clear also to put one in and hubby's not too keen on that.

I'm still waiting on my cart too. Maxine check the mini breeders in our area and email them if they have a used cart for sale.

I have the lunge lines w/the bungees on them and I really like them. I would think they would be better as there is not as much yanking, at least there is some give.

Be careful, those minis can be strong!

Cindy I like the sit and spin idea
laugh.gif

(Maxine I love your avatar that Chris did for you, did you show it to Carl? What did he think?)

Last edited by a moderator:
saludando.gif
Good Sunday morning to you...first of all thanks Sojna, glad you like the sillhoutte..doesn't she do a wonderful job! I told her she should be charging for those, also which one of your guys is in yours?

Nice color there.

Well found out I can take them to the local fairgrounds anytime if there's nothing going on and use the rings there..just have to sign a waiver absolving them of any liability...so when Carl gets done painting the horse trailer we will start doing that. it's not far and he trailers well.

Carl would be glad to clear if we had the equipment but it nearly killed us clearing what we have now so will wait for neighbors to rent us their backho to pull stumos..how big should it be for minis?

Love the sit and spin thingy...even thought of revolving barstool but would probably fly off..bad balance now.

you all take care. Maxine

Latest posts

Back