My Proposal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
I asked the office and one of the directors if my proposal made it and they said that it did. I did not receive any thing official.

Now, I hope that it will be put up on the site along with all the other proposals so that everyone can read them and decide for themselves if they think they are good ideas.

I think that they come out in the journal, but I would like to see it on the site too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!!! They usually won't post online til like a couple of weeks before Convention and won't seen the proposals til after Convention because its usually posted in the Dec/Jan issue.

I thought I was getting somewhere, but have found out that I really haven't. I thought it was accepted, but lots of committees to go through first. Problem is - is that the committees meet after the deadline for proposals so if they don't like it I have to wait and try again next year. Wish I could just send them a copy and they could decide earlier if it is okay.

I have been thinking hard about this committee thing.

My proposal has to be examined by the rules committee and the miniature committee. At first I thought, Oh gee Whiz. Now, I think that this is a very good deal.

I wanted fast action, but it is a bad deal to try to push something through that would affect something else or even be legally wrong.

It is a good system of checks a balances and probably why the Club has stayed in business.

I was being very hypocritical. I wanted fast action for my proposal and lots of time to think about other peoples proposals.

The thing I see wrong now is that after all the checking over by the committees, the general public doesn't have much time to see the proposals before they go for a vote.

I wish the committees could tell us earlier what proposals are up for a general vote, so we could hash them over. I want my proposal to go through, but not if the majority of the members do not want it to.

I agree that they need the time to go over each and every one after the deadline. I was surprized when you first posted that you already found out it was accepted lol.

I also agree that I wish they would at least a month in advance if not 2 to let the members go thru the proposals. I also wonder do they actually notify the author if their proposal is going thru to be voted on at Convention to give them notice so they can plan to travel down there to argue for their proposal.

How about this. Proposals That May or May Not Make It to Floor.

Why can't we see them on site as they come in. Deadline a few days after July whatever it is too have them in.

Then we can review them too. Then we could all give our views on them and give out directors our feelings either by calling or writing them. Or of course using lil beginning to voice our opinion.

And also if they did not make it to the floor we could find out why and get smarter.

Back