MY PRECIOUS FILLIES ARE HOME !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I am in tears trying to read this to my boyfriend ..thats the best news ever!!!..I have been so worried for you and your girls...Hurray!!! they are Home!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Thank you God and everyone that helped. I have such joy in my heart now that the little ones are safe at home with their loving Mom. Donna

WOO HOO!!
aktion033.gif

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH !! Thank the Lord they have been returned.

So happy you got your babies home - prayers do work, and miracles do happen.

Barbie

Once again - THANK YOU - everyone. By last night and so many hugs and scratches I think they are wondering about me. Dear little girls. They even got a nice piece of alfalfa hay with their dinner last night.

Charlotte, the cut on the one filly was through the skin and about 5 inches long. I cleaned the open cut with soap water and a peroxide rinse and then used Underwoods on it. Vet says it is better to let it stay open to drain rather than to put in stitches. He thinks it will heal and leave no major scar.

Who ever mentioned mixed emotions about this whole ordeal, hit the nail on the head. So many unanswered questions keep drifting through my head when I have a few quiet moments.

Why did my farm help quit the day after I got home? Why did she not do the work I had asked her to do when I was gone and then complain about not having enough hours of work? Why did my "ex" show up in town (truck driver out on bond pending his trial) last weekend when the fillies were taken? He had not been home visiting his parents for months before this past weekend! Why did the hispanic fence workers next door not show up to work on Friday after the fillies were taken? I guess one big question is why take the chance at getting caught when they carried out the return?

I live on a very rural gravel road with no lights so dumping the fillies over the fence (yes it was pushed down between two of the "T" posts near the road) would be easy to do - sight unseen - but it was risky. Is someone trying to show me how easy it is to steal something off of the property? All I know is I will make the investment into some surveillance cameras for the front gate and for the barn and the back of the house. I guess they make them battery powered now and that they will record almost a week of activity using a motion-sensing feature.

After going through this ordeal I'm open to any suggestions. What do all of you do - especially those of you who live alone - to protect your horses and property when you travel?

All I know it GOD has been with me through all of this. All of your prayers and candles helped focus his awesome strength on the fillies return. Your thoughts and prayers have given me the fortitude to see this through. Hugs to all of you. I owe all of you so much it makes me feel weak at the knees. Channel 9's broadcast was great. It is almost a sure thing that the fillies were taken by a local person or persons with every expectation of keeping at least one or two of them. By the time the word was out on their theft - NATIONWIDE - they got scared. The power of numbers and faith is something awesome to witness.

THANKS AGAIN

I would use cameras. I have some that show me the paddocks. I have hot wire and NO gates anywhere near the driveway or road way. I moved my paddock perimeter away from the road a looong ways. I have a radio playing and signs up warning to beware of dog. If I'll be gone I have a trip tape that plays agrressive dogs snarling. If I'm going to be out of town I tell a good friend and she checks up for me. Course I rarely ever leave town and if I do I leave the minis inside. Would you consider a protection herd dog? Might be a thought. I love Mona's. I am so happy your girls are ok. You may never have your answers but at least you have then back.

OH MY Gosh!! What wonderful news!!!! My computer has been down for several days and tonight when it finally decided to work, I went on the Forum and saw this post.

It is truly a miracle that those 5 precious fillies are back home, safe and sound. Like many others, I felt the chance of ever seeing any of them again was quite slim.

Jan, I can just feel your excitement and love for your 5 girls!!

Hugs to you and all of the wonderful people that have helped get your girls back home - safe and sound!!

Congratulations, Jan!

If there can be a positive spin on your ordeal, rest assured whomever stole those beautiful fillies will think twice about pulling these shennanigans again. Better yet, as a result of the news coverage, it'll serve as an excellent deterrent for further thievery at your farm.

So glad the evening producer(s) got on the story so quickly! Fortunately, you live in a viewing area whose people empathize with a story of this nature. Thanks be to God that horsey angels really applied pressure to someone's conscience.....or scared the snot outta them!

Here's a thought......Now the shoe's on the other foot! I'll bet those thief(s) will be wondering, looking over their shoulder or lose sleep with the thought of being "found out". Imagine the utter social stigma of living in your area being known as a horse thief.

May God begin to ease your nerves. I'm sooo glad your girls are home!

All the best,

Cindy

Last edited by a moderator:
That is unbelievable! What great, great news! I am so happy for you and your girls!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I am soo excited they are back seriously i am so happy i was searching evrything on the interbnet:)o my when i sawe the title for this post i thought that you found them in the field and they wrere there all along:)

I am soo glad your babies are home, yes you will always wonder why and who? But to hope it never happens again.

Give all the babies a hug and kiss for me and again I am glad God was looking over these babies.

PS I had goose bumps reading your story and tears of joy.

Wow, what wonderful news! I've been gone all weekend and just read your post! I really feared you had little chance of getting them back, just wonderful that they have been returned.
aktion033.gif

Jan

OK I am done being happy and now I am angry and I want answers.

Who did this?

Just let me know.

Put me in a room with them for 30 seconds and then the police can have whatever is left.................

Latest posts

Back