MY PRECIOUS FILLIES ARE HOME !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MultiHitch

Reaction score
My tears of JOY are still welling up in my eyes. I got home from Jan's (birdmom2's) after dark last night and was off to work this morning after feeding, at dawn. When I came home tonight from work I looked out at the broodmare's pond pasture and saw a little bay pinto. From behind a tall patch of grass came the solid sorrel and sorrel pinto filly. I let out a scream and climbed the fence with my truck still running at the gate. They were out there, in front, all five. Two had halters still on, one with a piece of rope. The other three were un-haltered and one had a small open cut on her back leg - but all are OKAY.

I don't know who was more glad to see who! I hugged their necks and cried. They all appear to be okay. I gathered them up and brought them up to the house and now have them in the back in my paddock. On our walk through the mare's pasture, the older girls knew I was upset and just gathered around all of us. They are so wonderful and know so well when you are truly upset, hurt, or stressed.

God has been with them and with me. I will never know if it was the media coverage or what, but who ever took them must have found out how HOT they were (not some farm ponies) and got scared.

Your prayers and mine have been answered. God bless all of you with your support and suggestions. God bless our local channel 9 KWTV for coming out to the farm and doing the story. Bless you Davie for taking the time to meet the film crew out here.

Oddly enough, as I was taking care of the girls, my farm help who was being paid to care for all of the horses and farm animals while I was gone to Illinois came out tonight and turned in her key and quit! I (we) will never know exactly what happened - I am just so thankful they are home.

The love and caring on this forum is wonderful. Tears ran down my cheeks reading your posts. Again, God bless all of you and HE was watching out for me and my little wonderful girls. THEY ARE HOME - YES - HOME. I've been outside at least three more times tonight just to make sure I have not been dreaming. They are here and it's REAL.

I'm going to cry some more tears of joy and really rest now. THANK YOU one and ALL.

Incidentally, my front gate now has cable locks around the hinge ends by the posts and the little security cameras are in my near future for front gate and pasture gate surveillence. I said if they were returned I would not ask any questions - but I will always wonder who and why...

new_shocked.gif
aktion033.gif
That is THE BEST news!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I am soooo happy for you!!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Yes!!!! I am sooo glad for you and feel your excitement and joy across the internet!!! Congratulations again, I really feel it is a miracle you have them back. Who would of thought it!!!

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! Give them all a hug from the forum "family" Welcome "home" little ones
aktion033.gif

Wow, this made my night, I"m so happy for you, I don't even know what to say, just thank God they're back.

CONGRATS!! I was soooooooo worried about yuor fillies and I cant beleive you got them back!!!! I am sooooo happy for you!! Now that you got them back i think you should find out!!! Those people are mentally unstable so you should find out who they are so something like that never happens!!! JMO but if you dont want to mess with it you have got your fillies home and that is all that matters!! I bet that was the best surprise EVER to find them out in your pasture!!

CONGRATS!!!!~

-Gage-

Jan I have to admit that I never would have thought that you would see these babies ever again. Yes my candles were lit, but I did so much researching on stolen horses that the percentage of recovering stolen horses is less than 7%.

So without any doubt at all, I know that God had sent many angels to see these babies returned safely.

I do smell a rat, and a big one too and I think that if it were not for the media, these horses would have never been returned. I hope they do a follow up story now as I think it's a feather in their caps and they would want to.

Jan I have posted earlier that we should organize a state by state clearing house as this is not the first time people here have had their horses stolen. I am willing to act on that in the future to get something going because it's amazing how hard it is to get the word out before stolen horses have left the area and to even get someone to listen.

Those babies did not deserve to be so traumatized like this and Thank You God for sending them back where they belong. There is absolutely NO PLACE LIKE HOME.

Hugging you Jan......

Yippeee!!!! Im so happy for u!!!!!!!!!!I would still really be wondering too what really happened but at least they brought them back!!!! Thank God!!!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
GOD BE PRAISED!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I bet those little gals just got TOO HOT TO HANDLE!!!!
yes.gif
wink.gif

Hope you let the local TV station know the wonderful news.......maybe they'll do a HAPPY follow-up story!

MA

I have no doubt, really, that who ever took them knew my farm and my "routine". They knew when the truck and trailer were gone - I was gone. They knew that this would truly wound me - I think. They could have taken the golf carts or the Grasshopper mower or my flatbed hay trailer, but maybe they made too much noise or were too big.

My adrenelin is drained. I have been running on HIGH since I got the news and now I'm exhausted.

I'm going out to see them one more time and then will get some sleep - I think.

I will be calling the TV station that did the story in the morning. They were great and aired the story three times. I think it was the best help and if the fillies were seperated - they were still in the local viewing area when the story aired.

Davie was wonderful. I can't thank her enough. Jan, Lil, and Jan's kids were there for me all the time - so was Lenny and all of the wonderful folks in Illinois at the show. The love and true compassion in our little mini horse world is awesome!

I'm so happy you got your babies back.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I think your right about the person or persons knowing you were gone and your routine. Now I'm wondering how they brought them back without being seen or heard. Doesn't really matter now but I'm like you I would wonder who.

The TV station will be thrilled to hear they helped you get them back.
yes.gif

Best news I've heard in a long while.

Jacquie

What a blessed miracle. I am so happy for you I'm crying, and I know if I were in your shoes I'd probably be sleeping in the barn tonight just to make sure each time I woke up that I really wasn't dreaming. The folks who took these fillies probably did so for a combination of money and wanting a cute pet for some child they knew and not being willing to pay for it, and all the media attention and the reminder that the person they stole the foals from was a person as well, with feelings, made them remorseful.

At least I choose to believe that because otherwise I can't face this world! I know it's just as likely they were afraid of getting caught if they sold the little ones, but I'd rather believe they were sorry for their actions.

It doesn't matter. Your girls are home. That is absolutely ALL that counts at this point.

Leia

That's wonderful news Jan! In fact, your post just made my night--it's been a perfectly lousy evening here, so it was nice to come on here & see that there was one good thing that happened in the country today!!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
new_shocked.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
new_shocked.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I'm sitting here in tears reading this!!!!! I truly never believed that you would see ALL five of them again!!!! I'm sooooooooo glad that I was soooooooooo wrong!!!!!

I'm VERY VERY happy for you and your little ones!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us.
yes.gif

I hope this gets pinned so everyone can be sure to hear the AWESOME news!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hallelujah!! I have been quietly and sadly following this story, and this has just made my night! I am SO happy for you!! Yee-ha!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Oh thank God!!!!!!!! I didn't think this story would have a happy ending and am so happy to read this post!!!

dancing10.gif

I cannot believe this- it is a dream come true!!! Do you keep going out and touching them?? How are they in themselves, are they unsettled.?? This is just WONDERFUL!!!!!

This is the best news ever!!!!!! Honestly, I thought they were gone for good! This is one time I am very happy to be wrong!
aktion033.gif

Know this news makes MANY people VERY happy!!!!! You will have to hug the girls all day to give enough hugs for everyone that has been worrying about them!
new_shocked.gif

Viki

Latest posts

Back