My only '08 is here!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel

Reaction score
This little guy made his debut 11:30 Saturday night, which happens to be my sister's birthday. This is my 4th foal and the first time I've been lucky enough to catch the foaling. Everything went absolutely perfectly - her water broke and he was completely out in under 2 minutes, standing within 20, drinking and pooping within 2 hours. We took him out for his first romp tonight and snapped a few pics. He's still got some unfolding to do of course. I measured him at 20" and just under 20 pounds. His dam is a black (or smoky black) Mickey Mouse granddaughter and his sire is Lucky Hart's Yahoo Eroo Aye, a tiny buckskin multi Grand Champion halter horse. I at first assumed he was black but now I'm not too sure, never had a black foal and never had one with anything but brown eyes. What do you think?

Kitty - I just thought I'd mention this guy's dam is something like a 3/4 sister to your Painted Sue. They've got the same dam and my mare's sire is a son of Mickey Mouse
default_yes.gif

IMG_08482.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

*Sorry the pics are so large*

Congratulations! He is adorable. I'm not much help with colour, he looks black but he might be a slate grulla or something with that black mane and tail and oh so dark dorsal (which might be just countershading that is very defined) See no help at all.lol

Congratulations on your new colt! He looks to be smokey black or possibly smutty buckskin, but I would guess Smokey black. They often get the blue eyes(that will change over time) from carrying a dilute gene. I see it in both cream and dun carrying foals. I suppose if Puck carried dun, theen the colt could also be grulla. I would test for cream and agouti.

Smokey black! I have one and I think they are awesome.

I really think he is smokey black as well. He looks very grullo right now, which would be great, but don't think that'll stay.

Oh Mona - this is a Yahoo, not a Puck. Puck was last year's.
default_biggrin.png

Congrats on your beautiful little guy, love his color.

Congrats on your handsome colt.
default_aktion033.gif
He looks like a smokey black to me.

Here are a couple of pictures of my smoky black colt that was born back in April.

Image4-1.jpg

jr.jpg

Very cute! I think smokey black.

I am going with just Black. I had one born last year just like him. Line down the back and all. It would be counter shading.

Latest posts

Back