My One and Only Foal For The Year!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Minis

Reaction score
As you can tell I am super excited waiting on my one and only baby this year!! This mare (who I adore)has given me 2 beautiful filly's and I am hoping for another one this year!!! (I got my fingers crossed!) She was pasture bred and due anytime!! I did not take pics of her udder because she never bags up until after birth.....What do you think or should I say "WHEN" do you think??
default_wacko.png
:DOH!

Thanks everyone!!!

DSCI0010.jpg

DSCI0011.jpg

DSCI0013.jpg

All I can say is "dang these pasture bred mares"! LOL! Alot of people who know the exact breeding date don't know when their mares will foal! I just hope she goes soon for you and has an amazing filly!!

She is a very pretty mare! Does she have any symptoms of foaling soon?

She is a very pretty mare! Does she have any symptoms of foaling soon?
Thank you Bonny! She is the kind of mare that just lays down and has the baby.....like she is a pro!! LOL

Last year a well experienced breeder looked at her and said "She has a ways to go!"......I went out to feed her about 5 hours later and there was a little grey filly all dried off and running around her!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Boy that baby sure is low. I would say it really shouldn't be too much longer. Will look for the birth announcement soon.
default_yes.gif

I don't know, but looking at her belly, I think we will all be congratulating you in the next few days
default_smile.png

Gotta love that pasture breeding. That is fantastic that she foals so easily though.

I'm not an expert on anything..Ha! But she looks ready to me. I know your excitment, just like waiting to open Christmas presents. Wishing you and mare a safe delivery and beautiful loved foal.

I hope she gives you a beauty and all goes well! Keep us posted!

I feel your pain!! (See my thread about my two mares) All of my mares that are due to foal this year were pasture bred by their previous owners. I had a mare that foaled one month late and looked like she would pop anytime during that whole month.

I agree that your mare's belly is extremely low. She definitely has got a baby comin soon! But I can't predict foaling by watching their bellys with my mares. Some don't really every have large/low bellys.

I just watch their bags, croup and vulva and the way that they are acting each day to try to get them stalled, get their equipage monitors on and on camera in time so that I can catch the births. So far I have caught them all. My greatest fear is that I will come out one morning to a foal that I wasn't prepared for. :DOH!

Sorry I wasn't more help. Will be watching for the announcement!

Comparing your pics and Bonny's pics...your mare should go before Bonny!!! I'm guessing Aug. 11th @ midnight!
default_biggrin.png

I forget... Is yours a maiden also? She is big, makes Bonny look like she is months away!

Also take behind pics and udder pics. Please post them here!

No she is not a maiden....this is her 3rd. I do not go by her udder because she usually gets a bag AFTER birth. Weird I know but just her!!! She told me last night if I gave her a WHOLE cup of Apple Treats, she would have the baby.......guess what she fibbed!!! Then my daughter gave ger a cup of Carrots and Apples today while I was at work because Jewel "Momma" told her she would have the baby tonight if she cut her up some Carrots and Apples!! LOL We should see what happens tonight~
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wacko.png
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back