My next adventure -- eye surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susanne, you are a HOOT! I must admit, I LOVED the 'mistype' about your possibly-farting EYE!!
default_biggrin.png

In all seriousness, though--I just know you will do FINE, but will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers anyway!! At my last eye exam, my longtime eye dr(an opthamologist; older lady who I've been going to for eye exams now for probably 20 years!) said she saw the 'beginnings' of cataracts; she told me I 'could try' some eye drops that may help delay the onset, so I am taking them(had to have the Rx done at a 'formulating' pharmacy)---will see if it helps. My dad had both eyes done, 'way back when--did just fine.

You just hang in, be a good patient(which I KNOW you will, as you are unquestionably so bright as to have a well-developed 'enlightened self interest'!!)-and enjoy your 'pet therapy', until you are back out getting Mr. Mingus hitched again!!

Love ya, my cyber friend!

Margo

I have worked in Ophthalmology for many years. The key to successful surgery (viterctomy/ cataract), will be to follow the doctors instructions very carefully.

Suzanne, please make sure you keep your head in the correct position as your doctor instructs. Hopefully your surgeon has given you all the info you need to make you feel comfortable. If at anytime you are experiencing pain during sx, let them know.

Generally laser sx is not painful, unless it is close to the macula (area of central vision).

Cataract sx is so advanced these days, that the success rate is very high, with very little risks.

Hope eveyones sx goes well. PM me if you have any questions. I am not an expert, but can share any info that I know.

Kelly

They're planning on injecting gas or gel...I asked if my eye has gas, does that mean my eyes willl fart when I blink?...
OMG Susanne you are so baaaad
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

will keep you in my thoughts........hoping all goes well

Hey Suzzzzzzz

I hate that you have to go through all this but I am happy you are getting it tended to now before it gets worse. The longer you put it off the worse it all gets so you are doing the right thing. You will be so glad once this is behind you. You'll be nice and cozy up there at Woodwinds for a nice recoup so do take advantage of snuggleing down real good.

Latest posts

Back