My newest project

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
Well, I was good (somewhat) this year. I've sold 4 shetland ponies and 1 Arabian horse (yep, needed to sell more...).

then I bought one...

This is Clipse. She's a larger, classic style, foundation bred Shetland. I purchased her to hopefully team up with her daughter, Cheri, whom I purchased in January 2012. Cheri has been harnessed a couple of times but has lost condition this fall while nursing her first colt, so while she weans her colt and gains weight back, I'll start playing with Clipse. Both of these mares are around 43/44" tall and nice moving ponies... I'm pretty excited.

13dec28cli703.jpg

13dec28cli706.jpg

13dec28cli702.jpg

13dec28ecl707.jpg

I wonder how big they will seem in front of our wagon when I'm used to driving it with a 40" pair.
default_new_shocked.gif
When they are ready for their first hitches, they will start in front of the Hafflinger sized forecart... then we'll go to the wagon. I hope to be driving them this summer, but don't look to have they going well, with plenty of both ground driving and "real" driving mileage, due to my work schedule (TIME) until next year.

They will each be ground driven single and then as a pair. Both are very pleasant, "pocket" ponies and come running when we step out of the house or into the barn pasture.

In this rotten weather, she's still the only one (well the "little girls" have been, too, I have to give them credit) to come running when I step outside or into the pasture she's in. A good thing, as she's partnered up with the other previously new mare and is "dragging her along" with coming in... But the others come up just to see if you/I have food - while Clipse is coming up to just "check on things". I always give her a good scratch under the chin and on her forehead.

After I finished doing all the ice digging and then filled 5 - 100 gallon water tanks to about the 3/4 mark (left room to break ice again today and top off), I gave both Clipse and Kayla (sorry no real good pictures of her yet - but think she will end up pairing with Clipse before Cheri will) a treat of a couple of hand fulls of extra feed (dry w/ no beet pulp or alfalfa pellets). Since Kayla and Clipse are haniging out and buddied up together, I guess I need to get some pictures of them together.

Maybe today... Gosh the sun is GLARING off the snow and ice. I'd forgotten about that phenomenon. Just looking outside is painful, much less doing chores. Wonder if the camera will work out in this cold?

She is very nice
default_smile.png
I often think I'd like a shetland since I prefer the larger minis but I'm not shopping at the moment, keeping my numbers right where they are. I look forward to seeing updates as you get her started in harness.

She sounds like a nice pony.

It is snowing here but I don't expect it will get too deep. Having said that, I looked out the window and I can't see the ground:)

default_smile.png
- thank you.

I don't mind snow (spent 10 years in Colorado between the Springs and Denver) and 2 years plus almost another full year via month long visits over several years in Montana (my mom still owns 20 acres up there), 13 months in Korea (didn't know I'd land belly deep in snow in January there - thought it was a "monsoon country" and almost 5 years in Germany (3 different places in widely varied terrain/country). But the deep south here where we are now just isn't prepared to deal with the extreme temps and the snow and ice we are now having. It's just hit 34* officially and our gauge reads 40*. Snow is melting but it will go back to 20* tonite (sure beats the 1* last night, tho!!), we left cabinets open and water running last nite.. Logistics this winter have been a nightmare for us/me (I'm the only feed/hay getter now)...

Latest posts

Back