My Newest Addition *pics included*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
We brought our newest little man home on the 14th and I decided to let him settle in a bit before taking pictures.....I wanted to just clip his head/neck as I purchased him a nice sleazy but I just couldn't contain myself and ended up clipping his whole body except his legs - don't worry he has a nice snug winter blanket and is stalled during inclement weather and at night. He was such a gentleman it wasn't even funny and I am just tickled over his color and pattern! It's not easy to see in this picture but he is definately a grey pinto, I'm thinking from his baby coat and previous foal pictures that he was a bay pinto that turned grey but I plan on having him tested anyways since I have to LWO test him......

So here's my newest little man......"Dream N Learn To Love It" aka "Love" an AMHA registered 2011 weanling colt who stands almost 25" at 7 months and should mature roughly 30" and plan to hardship into AMHR as soon as I can. He sports two blue eyes and a very unique medicine hat on him but the thing I love is his right ear is half grey and half white like you can see in the picture....I think it's just too cute. Please excuse the bad photos - I didn't have anyone to help set him up and loves to crawl in my pocket so I had to tie him up to get the picture which doesn't exactly flatter his nice neck he has.

WHAT COLOR PATTERN DO YOU THINK HE IS?

I was thinking tobiano (flank and chest shield) + splash overo + frame overo?

305215_2509815865935_1269258589_33028213_1852048142_n.jpg

299095_2507119638531_1269258589_33025573_732651218_n.jpg

What I think is that he is just the cutist! If you decide you don't want him, send him up my way
default_wub.png

I would think he looks sabino for sure, and possibly/probably tobiano too. Pretty little fella!
default_smile.png
Congrats!

I have no clue when it comes to colours
wub.gif
but I know he is just adorable
aktion033.gif

Wow Sabino too? I'll have to test for that as well......does anyone see splash in him as well or is it just me? I thought that blue eyes often come from splash?

Thanks so much for all the compliments guys I am just in love with this little man!

Lovely little fellow. He's certainly got a neck on him! Congratulations.

Looks to be tobiano. Certainly splash. Could have Sabino, but there are hundreds of types and the public can only test for one. I wouldn't bother to test for Sabino. Being a Mini, you could test for frame, since it hides well. What colour are his parents? I presume at least one must be tobiano.

Lizzie

His sire is identical to my colt markings color and eyes all are the same....his dam is a solid bay with two hind socks...I'm definately testing him for LWO before breeding.

What are some signs of sabino that I'm not seeing?

IMO, his facial markings and the jagged edges of his color are indicators of sabino.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back