My New Puppy-Toy Fox Terrier

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
A big thanks to all who commented on my post when I lost my special boy Tucker two weeks ago. It was a very rough time, I've never lost a close companion like that before. I started contacting breeders a few days later, and thought I found the perfect puppy, but I wasn't sure if it was too soon after losing Tucker to get a new puppy. Long story short, my good friend Adair (Shorthorsemom) helped talk me either thru it or into it.
default_wub.png

On Saturday I drove to Maryland to meet the breeder half-way (she is in WV), I told her to bring two, even though I was pretty sure I knew which one I wanted. I was so nervous driving there, I was afraid he wouldn't be the one...but I should have known better! It was an eventful trip when the GPS I was counting on decided not to work for the first hour or two, thankfully I knew where I was going and it finally started working half-way there. I used to be good at Mapquest directions, but I've gotten spoiled by the GPS!

Here is "Teo" his name means "Divine Gift or Gift from God" and I know that's what he is! He is a 12 week old little boy, Toy Fox Terrier and he is soo sweet! I'm very happy I got a puppy, he is bringing smiles to me, and it is soo therapuetic to sit and pet him and get puppy kisses! He looks a little bit like my Tucker, and he also acts a little like him too. I know it's going to be a bear house breaking him in the cold, and we have snow already too, but it will be worth it in the end!! He is soo tiny, very itty-bitty.

I just had to share, thanks to all for your kind words, I made a scrapbook of Tucker's life with me, and I wish I could share it with all of you.

Here is Teo!

Teo.11-22-08.jpg

Teo.collar.11-22-08.jpg

This photo is especially precious, this is Annie my sister's longhair dachshund who was my Tucker's best buddy, they grew up together and were the same age. We took her along to "help" pick out the puppy, Teo immediately was all over her licking her face, and the other puppy was afraid of her. I was sure he was the right pick for me, but when I saw his reaction to Annie it sealed the deal!

Annie.Teo.11-22-08.jpg

He is VERY cute. The picture of him ana Annie is adorable. Get a puppy kiss for me.

Awww what a cute little baby!! Good luck with him...he looks like such a love bug.

Congratulations! What a cutie! Hope to see him often here on the forum...growing up and hearing about all his new adventures.

My family had a fox terrier when I was about five and I remember her well. When I was looking for a dog when my kids were small, we contacted a local breeder who turned us down for one due to having small kids. Maybe there will be a fox terrier for us someday down the road. I think you may have planted a seed...

Aww, what a cutie! I know about those puppy kisses, hard to resist LOL...

Jan

{{{KIM}}}

He is so adorable!!!! I think you and I are just about sisters with what we've been through at the same time. You and I are both on a much happier page right now and I am thankful for it and that we've been able to talk to each other through it all!

What a beautiful little boy, he has just DARLING written all over his face! Congratulations. Must be new puppy season on LB!

Lyn

So happy for you! He is just adorable! I have a Toy Fox Terrier (TFT) too named Sparky and my sister has a female TFT (Sparky's sister). They are such a loving, smart, happy and comical little dog. They keep us laughing. Easily house trained too. Enjoy your precious, new member of your family!

Linda

So happy for you! He is just adorable! I have a Toy Fox Terrier (TFT) too named Sparky and my sister has a female TFT (Sparky's sister). They are such a loving, smart, happy and comical little dog. They keep us laughing. Easily house trained too. Enjoy your precious, new member of your family!Linda
Thanks Linda! Very funny, Teo's name from the breeder was Sparky! He is so much fun, only had a few accidents so far, and I conside them my fault because I'm not used to having a puppy!

He reminds me of the one my mom used to have. His name was Tigger (Casnos Spitfire).
Christy, your mom's Tigger is soo cute!! Thanks for sharing the photos, I just love this breed, they are so funny and smart.

Maybe there will be a fox terrier for us someday down the road. I think you may have planted a seed...
Charley, I noticed also that breeders won't sell a TFT to a family with young kids, mainly because the tiny breeds can get hurt, if dropped, etc. I hope you can get one someday, I'm already in trouble with my brother, his wife wants a puppy now.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back