My new mare, sorta

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
Okay, so she's not really new, but I've decided to keep her!
default_smile.png
Since I can't buy anything this year, and with all the interest I've had in her, nothing was the right fit...I've decided Frosty Chip is here to stay. Even though at times she drives me nuts, I love her little face, and yes even her quirks. I can work with her issues, and who knows them better than me at this point!
default_smile.png
She has some vision loss from uveitis, gets claustraphobic when stalled, think she should be treated like a queen....and the list could go on....but I love the little booger!
default_wub.png

A big thanks to Bonnie, who did a reading on her last fall and helped to diagnose her uveitis. Prior to the reading I couldn't tell she had any trouble with her vision. It also helped clue me into her diva personality, so I could dote on her a bit more and make her happier here.

Almost Heaven's Frosty Chip is a bay roan appaloosa, 31.5", pedigree includes Buckeroo, and my personal favorite Shadow Oaks Cock Robin.

Here she is from 2 yrs ago (ignore the pudgy broodmare look):

Frosty.Chip.6-08.sm-421x310.jpg

After having a really tough week, I needed to share some good news!

Congrats on your "new" girl, sounds like its a good decision.

I'm not a big appy fan, but she sure does have a cute face.

Sounds like Frosty Chip has a good home with you! Some of the most foolish horses can turn out to be favorites! I think that's why I love stallions so much ;) I have a really quirky/dominant mare out of my breeding. She's a blockhead but I love her. Her ears are always perked until your back is turned, though she doesn't bite (unless you deserve it). She just intends to be the boss. You look back at her and her ears innocently perk back up. At birth she was trying to gallop out of her mother, and once she was out she was so independent that she would run far and fast away from her anxious mother... and run... and run... and run without so much of a glance back. She's expecting her first foal in a few months.
default_rolleyes.gif

I know exactly that feeling when you decide to keep a horse--it feels all new as we look at one as a keeper. Happy heart! Congrats on a good decision. Selling is too sad--I'm glad, for your heart's sake, she's staying.
default_smile.png

I'm sorry you had a rough week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your 'new' mare! I'm so glad you have decided to keep her.

If you are anything like me, I CAN'T sell those with 'little quirks' -- too frightened that they will be misunderstood/eventually disliked/sold on again and again!! So they stay here and over time, lo and behold, they creep their way into my heart and suddenly become favourites BECAUSE of those 'little quirks' that, as the years go passed, make me laugh and entertain me!

Strange folk, us humans, arn't we LOL!!

Anna

I am glad you are keeping her Kim. I have always liked her, and you know I am a Cock Robin fan as well! I wondered too if anyone would take care of her like you do and I know how you love your horses. I agree too with the funny little quirks some of them have, hahaha It just makes them who they are!
default_yes.gif

Thanks Jill, it does make me happy since I've been back and forth about the decision over the last 6 months.

Laurie, I love your Nutmeg!
default_smile.png
If the perfect home would have come along, I might have been able to let her go, but...I don't think it was meant to be. She is much happier here since Estina my Welsh Pony came and took over as boss mare.

I think you made a great decision, I know what its like to keep a horse aswell, sometimes none of the people that email me give off that feeling that I want my horse to go there. And I'm not that picky. But anyways your new horse is a real cutie.

Latest posts

Back